I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Rut Row »

http://www.meteormc.com/

Rumor has it that the Sandy lane is one of the easiest enduros. Anyone going?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Firebolter »

I've run it the last 2 years, not overly hard, but it is the typical south Jersey sand washes and whooped out fire breaks.
Lots of cool bikes---
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

I'd like to start riding some enduros, but don't have a suitable bike or money to buy one right now. Maybe once the DT is tagged and running.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm testing the waters with the beloved spousal unit - might go

I've heard that brother Hare will be there.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Kyler wrote:I'm testing the waters with the beloved spousal unit - might go

I've heard that brother Hare will be there.

get enough to fill a line and i will switch from pitting to riding, we can sign up Sunday

We can sign up that day and all ride on the same minute. That will keep us pretty together throughout the day. No pressure we can ride this one for fun, lined up in the way back we shouldnt have anybody passing. Really theres no need for roll charts, computers ect unless you want.
shooom
DAMN n00b

Post by shooom »

I've never entered an enduro? What is involved? I'm definitely interested in attending if I can tag along with you fine DAMN riders.
KX250F
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:get enough to fill a line and i will switch from pitting to riding, we can sign up Sunday
How many does it take to fill a line?
Ken
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Its 5 riders per row, and if we have enough interest we can have 2 rows, 3 rows and so on. Only bad part about being in the back is that the course will be a bit beaten up. Good part is the easier ways around will be well established. We should have a pit truck to follow us around with tools tires, snacks, ect, i dont even carry tools, just water.

theres not much to it, a street legal, insured bike, driver license, riding gear, AMA card, waterpack. Ride light, lighter the better, no need to wear 4 layers or to carry a bunch of extra stuff, it will be a tight trail work out in some sections followed by an open road bake, then back into the woods, great stuff back and forth all day.

These rides favor the lighter bikes, 450s and under are fine. you can do it on a 650 but I wouldnt want to, its a chore. Otherwise I love Jersey, just put the bike in the slot and turn it on, it will definately improve your skills no matter what level.

If you never rode an enduro before they get you to fill out a "test" at sign up, a test which you can not fail. they have it on the ECEA website, http://www.ecea.org/info/eceatest.pdf http://www.ecea.org/info/ecea_statement ... bility.pdf , its the same exact easy questions, they just want to make sure you understand basic common sense riding concepts like don't turn around and ride backwarsds on the course!!! DOH!

It doesnt cost anything to join the ECEA and one time last a lifetime. Also if not already you should support and join our local District 7 for Enduros (dual sport, Harescrambles too). You need AMA membership and can get it at sign up too.
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Won't be back in time to get the WR plated by then. I am still planning on entering several this year and with all the info that Hare has helped out with, it should be a good time! I'll be at the next one with ya Ken...just can't make it back in time for this one. Let me know how it goes. Oh, plus I have to get a DAMN jersey first (just saw that those are done - fantastic job)!
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
shooom
DAMN n00b

Post by shooom »

Thanks for the info.
Sounds like a blast!
Hare wrote:Its 5 riders per row, and if we have enough interest we can have 2 rows, 3 rows and so on. Only bad part about being in the back is that the course will be a bit beaten up. Good part is the easier ways around will be well established. We should have a pit truck to follow us around with tools tires, snacks, ect, i dont even carry tools, just water.

theres not much to it, a street legal, insured bike, driver license, riding gear, AMA card, waterpack. Ride light, lighter the better, no need to wear 4 layers or to carry a bunch of extra stuff, it will be a tight trail work out in some sections followed by an open road bake, then back into the woods, great stuff back and forth all day.

These rides favor the lighter bikes, 450s and under are fine. you can do it on a 650 but I wouldnt want to, its a chore. Otherwise I love Jersey, just put the bike in the slot and turn it on, it will definately improve your skills no matter what level.

If you never rode an enduro before they get you to fill out a "test" at sign up, a test which you can not fail. they have it on the ECEA website, http://www.ecea.org/info/eceatest.pdf http://www.ecea.org/info/ecea_statement ... bility.pdf , its the same exact easy questions, they just want to make sure you understand basic common sense riding concepts like don't turn around and ride backwarsds on the course!!! DOH!

It doesnt cost anything to join the ECEA and one time last a lifetime. Also if not already you should support and join our local District 7 for Enduros (dual sport, Harescrambles too). You need AMA membership and can get it at sign up too.
KX250F