I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Apple

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Apple

Post by B DIRT »

Have you guys seen this yet? Its not available yet but Im pretty sure apples gonna change the computer game again...
http://www.apple.com/ipad/
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Apple

Post by Laoch »

B DIRT wrote:Have you guys seen this yet? Its not available yet but Im pretty sure apples gonna change the computer game again...
Yep, Apple is good, DAMN good.
But I think it has a narrow market, and the thing looks like a jacked up I-phone or that other I thing that has web stuff. It's more for play than work.
Bruce
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

dirtygrunt wrote:
B DIRT wrote:Have you guys seen this yet? Its not available yet but Im pretty sure apples gonna change the computer game again...
Yep, Apple is good, DAMN good.
But I think it has a narrow market, and the thing looks like a jacked up I-phone or that other I thing that has web stuff. It's more for play than work.
it came out today... Apple is working on trying to create a portable device that can be used in all environments.. It can be used for biz with presentations in real time - but it's main intent is to try and have a lock on published media (books, mags, etc) that can be updated in real time, all via an interface similar to how ipod/itunes worked with music, that way they get a piece of the pie.

My wife got me a kindle for xmas - which I really like - I can get a book immediately and at reduced rates, it's a major selling point for me as I didn't use Amazon, because I didn't like to wait, I'd just go to the book store.. Beside the text format on the screen - it's really nothing more than a big screen cell phone with a wireless broadband, that only routes you to amazon for purchases.. it's marketing genius... At least while it was the only option and place to get media..... However, I suspect the ipad will take a HUGE crimp outta these proprietary devices as it will allow other formats, but make it easier to use thru theirs (Apple may have learned something outta the PC world). It's how Itunes became a big deal - easy to use .. .etc (For those that don't know, the music industry laughed at Apple via Itunes originally claiming nobody would use it.. Less than a year later they were begging Apple to raise their cost of songs from $1 a song to $2 as actual cd sales were taking a serious dip. Oooooops)

Once a 3g one comes out and the price drops.. I will get one.. Unless, say cell phones providers like say ... verizon offers a netbook with a built in broadband connection that does the samething - but will have more computer based functionality... It's only a matter of time that we can wired in all the time..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

HHR :thumbup: Thanks for the info, Im pretty computer stupid but my imac helped me with that tremendously!
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I love Apple products, and have used Mac platform computers since '84.

But this is the worst. name. ever.

Call it the fucking iTablet, the iRead, the iPaperback, iTabloid, iNewspaper, the iSpy anything.... Jesus Wept, there must have been ZERO women in the marketing department when they named that thing.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Roadracer_Al wrote:I love Apple products, and have used Mac platform computers since '84.

But this is the worst. name. ever.

Call it the fucking iTablet, the iRead, the iPaperback, iTabloid, iNewspaper, the iSpy anything.... Jesus Wept, there must have been ZERO women in the marketing department when they named that thing.
Just think of the fun that folks are having with it's name... If a big more powerful version comes out, you don't want it call'ed the Max Ipad... or the mini pad...

Think of hte advertising ... The one pad that men won't be afraid to buy... :lol2: :lol2:

The Ipod got the same stuff till it started selling, so do the Nintendo Wii ..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se