I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Anyone experienced with Tuning Power Commanders .....

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Anyone experienced with Tuning Power Commanders .....

Post by hondahawkrider »

The Mrs, otherwise known as SWMBO - picked up a PCIII for me as b-day present for my KTM 990 :loveit:

I checked the PC site and it's pretty sweet - if you have a laptop - they provide you software and base maps to get you started... The only issue that my KTM is not stock any more ... It's got FMF Slipons, cannisterectomy done (with block off plates for the emissions crap bypasssed :brows: ) and 16t front sprocket... Logistically, it doesn't look too hard to make your own map (Yes, I would take a copy of the base map 1st), but haven't done it previously... I didn't know if anyone has done this allready.. Curious to know how easy it might be - or if I should just take it to DynoTuner to get it right the first time..

Thoughts..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Anyone experienced with Tuning Power Commanders .....

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:The Mrs, otherwise known as SWMBO - picked up a PCIII for me as b-day present for my KTM 990 :loveit:

I checked the PC site and it's pretty sweet - if you have a laptop - they provide you software and base maps to get you started... The only issue that my KTM is not stock any more ... It's got FMF Slipons, cannisterectomy done (with block off plates for the emissions crap bypasssed :brows: ) and 16t front sprocket... Logistically, it doesn't look too hard to make your own map (Yes, I would take a copy of the base map 1st), but haven't done it previously... I didn't know if anyone has done this allready.. Curious to know how easy it might be - or if I should just take it to DynoTuner to get it right the first time..

Thoughts..
no thoughts here - but if you go to a tuner, let me know who you used - will have to do the same to the TL1000 when it is done.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

~$200 for a tuner... let'em Dyno it to get the best performance. Then tweak their mapping as necessary to customize the throttle response.

Seat of pants works, but if you're looking for peak HP you'll need a Dyno.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You can E-Mail Jamie at fuelmoto.com, he is the hookup for a ton of different maps for all kinds of bikes. I bought the PC-V for my C14 from him and got a few maps for free. If you want to dyno it there is a guy in harrisburg that is supposed to be really good. I don't have his info handy but I am sure BDirt or some other DAMN PA rider knows him or someone as good.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:You can E-Mail Jamie at fuelmoto.com, he is the hookup for a ton of different maps for all kinds of bikes. I bought the PC-V for my C14 from him and got a few maps for free. If you want to dyno it there is a guy in harrisburg that is supposed to be really good. I don't have his info handy but I am sure BDirt or some other DAMN PA rider knows him or someone as good.
use fuelmoto.net or http://www.fuelmotousa.com/
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:You can E-Mail Jamie at fuelmoto.com, he is the hookup for a ton of different maps for all kinds of bikes. I bought the PC-V for my C14 from him and got a few maps for free. If you want to dyno it there is a guy in harrisburg that is supposed to be really good. I don't have his info handy but I am sure BDirt or some other DAMN PA rider knows him or someone as good.
use fuelmoto.net or http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Yeah, what he said.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

If you're close to Somerset (Pa.), Highland Harley had a bike dyno...believe that they still do. Call 814.444.1903 and ask for Craig Shaulis.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

If Chris is still in charge of the dyno at Battley Cycles, he's quite good. They're a DynoJet development center, which means something.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Roadracer_Al wrote:If Chris is still in charge of the dyno at Battley Cycles, he's quite good. They're a DynoJet development center, which means something.
They also created the Techlusion units used on BMW's. He'll argue the benefits of a techlusion over the PowerCommander (interesting and valid points) including at least the PCIII's inability to lean the powerband, only richen.