I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Gear hunt.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Teethgrinder

Gear hunt.

Post by Teethgrinder » Tue May 27, 2008 7:24 pm

I do a lot of gear searching around the region, but I think I'm missing a lot of places.

Do any of you DAMN guys/girls know where I could get my hands on better touring/ADV gear? I have a need for a 3/4 length jacket, among other things. Most of the local shops/dealers are limited to sportbike and dirt gear. I am not a fan of mail-ordering moto gear, but touring and adventure stuff seems scarce (at least at the places I've been). I'm not asking to walk in and find truckloads of Aerostich goods, but a nice selection of everyday rider apparel/protection/luggage would be nice.

Maybe I smell a small business opportunity:

"Scott's Motorcycle Gear For People That Actually Ride Motorcycles Rather Than Kids With Backwards Hats And Oversized T-Shirts".

I'll have to work on the name a little - doesn't roll off of the tongue well.

Any DAMN ideas?

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Gear hunt.

Post by Rut Row » Tue May 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Bob's BMW Motorcycles
10720 Guilford Rd
Jessup MD 20794-9385

Monday: 9 AM to 6 PM (Service Department closed)
Tuesday: 9 AM to 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM to 8 PM
Thursday: 9 AM to 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM to 6 PM
Saturday: 9 AM to 4 PM
Sunday: out riding (closed)
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder » Tue May 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Does Bob's carry much more than BMW branded gear? I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks! :loveit:

Nice... it's not far from the office (I work on Route 1 in Laurel/Beltsville). I can hit it tomorrow before going home.

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Tue May 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Bob's is about the only place I can think of also. They have non BMW stuff. My wife got a pair of riding pants there.

I've had to mail order most of my stuff. Yes it does suck. I have to check out your TLD Speed Jacket at some point, speaking of gear.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Tue May 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Teethgrinder wrote:Does Bob's carry much more than BMW branded gear? I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks! :loveit:

Nice... it's not far from the office (I work on Route 1 in Laurel/Beltsville). I can hit it tomorrow before going home.
I got my AST jacket there - just look for the rack that glows :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Tue May 27, 2008 9:46 pm

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
Teethgrinder wrote:Does Bob's carry much more than BMW branded gear? I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks! :loveit:

I got my AST jacket there - just look for the rack that glows :harhar:
Do they make those in any other color? What do they run $$$ ?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Wed May 28, 2008 7:01 am

Yup - look at Olympia Moto Sports web site.

Cost is high compared to others but quality is good. About $275 depending on where you buy it.
Ken

hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider » Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Bobs is waaaay overpriced... I live literally 2 miles away... it works if I need something RIGHT now - but you can do better trying stuff on and finding it on the internet..

motorcycleleatherexhchange.com
newenough.com
motorcyclecloseouts.com

are the three places I have done biz with for all kinds of stuff and are top notch....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se

Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al » Wed May 28, 2008 2:30 pm

+1 Bobs, and motorcyclecloseouts.

MC closeouts seems to be more dirt-oriented.

a

Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder » Wed May 28, 2008 3:04 pm

Went by Bob's at lunch. A lot of nice gear, mighty spendy though. A salesman jammed the brochure for the 09 F650GS donw my gullet, with promises of "one in the pipeline" arriving mid-summer. A-hole. Like I need more to think about.
:screwy: