I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Looking for used dualsport. anybody got one?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
FOX8505

Looking for used dualsport. anybody got one?

Post by FOX8505 »

I have a pal looking for a used bike. Prefer XR650L, but would look at DR650, & DRZ400. have been checking all the normal places like CL, Ebay, & Cycletrader.

If anyone sees anything let me know. greatly appericated.

Thanks, Mfox
Teethgrinder

Re: Looking for used dualsport. anybody got one?

Post by Teethgrinder »

I have an 06 DRZ400 (SM) up for sale. Minty fresh, unmolested, super low miles. Simply need the space. A set of knobbies and it's like 2 bikes in one.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Yes I saw that one, and read your GR report a while back (quite nice) but I'm afraid he's really looking to do some heavy dirt riding and the SM may not be the perfect fit. Certainly an option though, thanks.
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

No sweat. Just shameless plugging for my own financial gain in the wrong forum. It'll be there if you need it. :ride:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

For the right price I'd part with my cherry KLR... :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Here's the real question: is your pal deeply and committedly mechanical? I have a basket case XRL that was hot-rodded all to hell and gone. It only has a few hours on it, but needs a new top end. When it ran, it was sick fast. Yours cheap -- it keeps nagging at me to fix it, and I just don't have the time.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

There is a clean looking DRZ400 for sale in Arlington, VA for $3500. It's chained to a tree in someone's front yard and has been on sale for about a month. It has 21/18 wheels with street tires. If you're interested I'll stop and get the phone number on Sunday. It's one block north of Columbia Pike on Glebe Rd...
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Here's the real question: is your pal deeply and committedly mechanical? I have a basket case XRL that was hot-rodded all to hell and gone. It only has a few hours on it, but needs a new top end. When it ran, it was sick fast. Yours cheap -- it keeps nagging at me to fix it, and I just don't have the time.
Let me know if you ever need to get rid of it.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Found a '05 XRL for 4K (400miles) Pick it up tomorrow. Thank you everyone for looking out. Al, that crazed XRL may be a little beyond my mech. ability but thank you very much for the help.