Sand Blast Rally 2010 - Who's in?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sand Blast Rally 2010 - Who's in?

Post by Bucho »

I've watched that video many times.
I'm looking very forward to running it this Feb. I'm about ready to put some farkles on my credit card.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Digging through the rulebook some more tonight, checking out the GCR for the cars as well as the bikes.

General GCR
http://www.nasarallysport.com/rules-for ... ction3.pdf

RallyMoto addendum
http://www.nasarallysport.com/rules-for ... ndix-D.pdf

Came across this in 2.3.2 Tire Regulations

Under 2.3.2 in the RallyMoto regs:

2. Inner tubes are allowed.

4. The use of any device for maintaining the performance of the tire with an internal pressure equal to or less than the atmospheric pressure is forbidden. Mousse, Tireballs, or other non-standard inflation systems are prohibited.

I was considering using Nuetech Tubliss. Are they considered "inner tubes" or "devices for maintain the performance of a [flat] tire"?
Last edited by skierd on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Also a few other things to note...

4.1 Road Worthiness
All competing vehicles must be roadworthy and, the following items in particular must be
adequate and functioning properly:
1. All brakes
2. Horn
3. All legally required exterior lights
4. Tires, including all spares
5. Exhaust system
6. Indicators
Note that the laws of the state in which the motorcycle is registered supercede these
regulations. Example: If removal of some item is allowed by these GRRs but your state
requires them, you must have them.

4.3 First Aid Kit
A comprehensive first aid kit shall be carried. The first aid kit at a minimum must include:
1. Antiseptic (ointment or liquid)
2. Gauze pads or rolls
3. Adhesive tape
4. Arm sling
5. Safety pins
6. Scissors
7. one “space blanket"
8. First aid manual.

4.4 Warning Devices
The rider must carry one standard, full-sized, warning triangle meeting Federal Motor Vehicle
Safety Standard #125.
(i.e. no hand made units imo)
Each rider must carry a full color laminated 8.5”x11” ‘Green OK / Red Cross” paper. The
design must meet GRR Appendix A11 and A12, and is to be supplied by the rider.
The rider must demonstrate that it is possible to remove the warning devices from their
storage location in under 30 seconds when the rider is in full gear.

4.6 Body Protection
Over the entire route wearing of back and front body armor is compulsory. Over the entire
route the wearing of back and/or neck protectors is strongly recommended.

Pretty sure this means everyone needs a pressure suit, or a jacket like my A* that has chest armor built in.

4.7 Boots
Motocross-style boots must be worn. Construction boots, road boots, touring boots, road
racing boots, or similar are not acceptable.

And finally, since its definitely possible to run the last stage and/or transit after dark...

4.8 Equipment for Night Stages
In order to compete on a stage, when the rider’s ideal start time is after 15 minutes before civil
twilight the rider must use one or more of the following:
1. Reflective material or reflective tape with at least 10 square inches on the front and
rear of the torso for a total of 20 square inches. Additional material on the helmet and
motorcycle is recommended. If the rider is carrying a backpack, the pack must either
have its own reflective material or not obscure the reflective material of the jacket.
Example of acceptable material: 3M Scotchlite.
2. A pair of lighting sources whose energy source is independent of the motorcycle, such
as flashing bicycle lights or glow sticks, to be affixed to the rider somewhere above the
waist.
3. A “no motion” detector device. Example: American Airworks Super Pass II.
Riders without this equipment will transit the stage and be assigned the time of the slowest
competing motorcycle.

Just some food for thought as we enter the silly season.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

So who wants to help me wire my turn signals back on? Ken? Anyone?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:So who wants to help me wire my turn signals back on? Ken? Anyone?
yup - just say when! I have all the stuff plus extra wire left over from DSing the Wasp.

And Skierd, from running the roads in NJ I think a HD tube is all you need
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Where could I rent a TW-200 for the weekend? Man, that would be murder on the R1200GS. I better bike-lifting exercises now. I think 50 sets of 4 reps a day should get me there.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

the dude himself wrote:Where could I rent a TW-200 for the weekend? Man, that would be murder on the R1200GS. I better bike-lifting exercises now. I think 50 sets of 4 reps a day should get me there.
Dude - go for it! Take the GS. There is a guy who runs a HP12 there and in the other rallies.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Kyler wrote:
the dude himself wrote:Where could I rent a TW-200 for the weekend? Man, that would be murder on the R1200GS. I better bike-lifting exercises now. I think 50 sets of 4 reps a day should get me there.
Dude - go for it! Take the GS. There is a guy who runs a HP12 there and in the other rallies.
I've been to SandBlast before. K and I volunteered there in 2008 - had a blast. I talked to Anders after - he said he only remembers one dude crazy enough to try it on a R12GS. I'm traveling the week leading up to that - San Diego the 2nd to 5th. We'll see. I'd have to have everything prepped the week before, not really my style. :deal:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

So... we need to set up a few That DAMN Team practice sessions someplace sandy. I haven't looked over the regs, but there used to be a prohibition on riding the area 60 days prior to the event. If we're heading to SC we need to leave before December. After that, it's NJ in the cold winter months. I'd head out by myself, however that tends to end with me dragging the brother-in-law out of bed at 3am to drive 3 hours and find me in the woods somewhere. Then a 3-4 hour extraction of the bike from whatever rock I Excalibur-ed into. Anyone else interested?
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

the dude himself wrote:So... we need to set up a few That DAMN Team practice sessions someplace sandy. I haven't looked over the regs, but there used to be a prohibition on riding the area 60 days prior to the event. If we're heading to SC we need to leave before December. After that, it's NJ in the cold winter months. I'd head out by myself, however that tends to end with me dragging the brother-in-law out of bed at 3am to drive 3 hours and find me in the woods somewhere. Then a 3-4 hour extraction of the bike from whatever rock I Excalibur-ed into. Anyone else interested?
NJ is the perfect practice area. We've been kicking around doing a practice session there - I'm game!
Ken