I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

South Mountain Creamery in Middletown, MD

Post good places to eat whilst out riding. No chain or fancy restaurants... diners, dives and other DAMN fine establishments only! :kbasa:
1AHBE
DAMN n00b

South Mountain Creamery in Middletown, MD

Post by 1AHBE »

Last spring, I found a really neat place that serves delicious ice cream.
They sell other dairy products there, too. Everything is homemade.
South Mountain Creamery @ 8303 Bolivar Road, Middletown, MD.
http://www.southmountaincreamery.com/home.php
They let you roam around the farm. At certain times, you can feed the calves.
They do deliveries if you get hooked on the stuff.

phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: South Mountain Creamery in Middletown, MD

Post by phoo »

Thanks for sharing! The map looks like there are nice roads in the area, too. I'll see if I can get a nice ride out for some ice cream with the wife this summer.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I ridden by there many times and have never stopped. But I've heard from others thats its very good. One of the girls I work w/ buys milk from them every week.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Good call!

I got some ice cream there once last year but didn't wander around. It was pretty good.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

we used to get home delivery from them. I'll stop there time-to-time on a ride for ice cream. Might have to change the spring DAMN Easy-Peasy DS Ride to stop there for refreshments.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

Hey OMG_WTF,

I live about 4 miles from SMC right across South Mountain. We get our milk delivered weekly from SMC and it's fantastic. I am ruined for any half-and-half in my coffee but theirs. If it ever strikes you to get home delivery, you won't regret it.
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
'10 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4
Eastern TransAmerica Trail 2011
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Today after I picked up my son from pre-school we went over to the South Mtn Creamery. My son's highlight was laughing at one of the cows peeing about five gallons on another cow. I've been to other farms and seen roaming chickens, but never roaming turkeys. My son also enjoyed chasing the chickens and turkeys.
We got some milk, icecream, and butter. Haven't tested the icecream or butter yet, but I might end up drinking the whole thing of chocolate milk before the wife even gets home.

Wingfixer, its almost good enough for a Baltimore to Middletown blitz on the Concours Express...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote: Wingfixer, its almost good enough for a Baltimore to Middletown blitz on the Concours Express...
You are reading my mind!! I can never say no to some good milk. Tuesday? (If I get home)
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
1AHBE
DAMN n00b

Post by 1AHBE »

Bucho wrote:Today after I picked up my son from pre-school we went over to the South Mtn Creamery. My son's highlight was laughing at one of the cows peeing about five gallons on another cow. I've been to other farms and seen roaming chickens, but never roaming turkeys. My son also enjoyed chasing the chickens and turkeys.
We got some milk, icecream, and butter. Haven't tested the icecream or butter yet, but I might end up drinking the whole thing of chocolate milk before the wife even gets home.

Wingfixer, its almost good enough for a Baltimore to Middletown blitz on the Concours Express...
Sounds great!
The waffle cones are home made, too. :eats: