I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Black Hog? (Frederick)

Post good places to eat whilst out riding. No chain or fancy restaurants... diners, dives and other DAMN fine establishments only! :kbasa:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Black Hog? (Frederick)

Post by Bucho »

Has anyone here been to the Black Hog in the downtown metropolis of Frederick? I've heard someone say that it is the best NC style BBQ in MD. Wondering if anyone could verify that.
I'll get over there sooner or later, but I don't go out to eat too much.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
zoul

Re: Black Hog? (Frederick)

Post by zoul »

Bucho wrote:Has anyone here been to the Black Hog in the downtown metropolis of Frederick? I've heard someone say that it is the best NC style BBQ in MD.
Yep... Another good spot is the Blue Van next tot he Yamaha dealer on Grove Rd. Neither are quite as good as Smithfield Chicken and Bar-B-Q in North Carolina, but it's DAMN Close... :eats:
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

I call it Blue Truck and I think its the best bbq in Frederick. I didn't like the Black Hog as much. We had Blue Truck cater a holiday party a few times and the girls got wasted on shine.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks. I've been seen the Blue Truck/Van many times as I've gone into that Yamaha/Triumph dealer, but never stopped to get anything to eat. Guess I'll have to give it a go.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

pschuler wrote:I call it Blue Truck and I think its the best bbq in Frederick. I didn't like the Black Hog as much. We had Blue Truck cater a holiday party a few times and the girls got wasted on shine.
Have to agree. My wife and I ate at the Black Hog - there was an hours wait and it wasn't as good as the Red Hot and Blue in Gaithersburg.

There's a great place in West ByGod, but I'm not sure the name or town and can't seem to find it on the map right now. I'll have to ask the guy I was riding with where we stopped.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:Thanks. I've been seen the Blue Truck/Van many times as I've gone into that Yamaha/Triumph dealer, but never stopped to get anything to eat. Guess I'll have to give it a go.
Nice tag dude!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Its funny how that happened to be an adv tag today.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:Its funny how that happened to be an adv tag today.
Ain't it though.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

I go for the brisket sandwich with coleslaw on it. They have really good crispy fries too.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I had the pitbeef sandwich for lunch today. It was pretty awesome.

Next time I want to try the "NC style pulled pork" or something like that.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200