I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Touratech 2016 GPX Routes.

Fords and only Fords! No Chevys, no Buicks, no Turbo-Yugos either. Post the coordinates and a description of the creek crossing. Interesting dirt or gravel roads only - no asphalt! Also post your awesome ADV GPS tracks (.gpx files)
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Touratech 2016 GPX Routes.

Post by Glenduro »

Hey guys,

Here are the routes for the Touratech 2016 Rally.

Enjoy and let me know if your up for riding any of them, I'll see if I can make it out there.

Glenduro

2016 Touratech Rally East Ride Notes:

01- Jack Mountain Loop
Direction of Travel: Counter-Clockwise
Length: 64 Miles / 3 Hours
Difficulty: Easy

This is an easy, scenic, and mostly paved loop. This makes a great ride for simply taking in the beauty of the local farmlands and forests, or for shaking off the cobwebs if it has been a while since your tires have hit dirt. It starts off with some fun, twisty backroads. There are a few good stopping points to take pictures. The first will be on the short few miles of dirt, on Allensville Road. This is an incredible view of the forested rolling Pennsylvania countryside. The second is on Jacks Mountain Road, where postcard type views can be found on either side of the road, of the farmland you just rode through. Just before arriving back in camp you’ll pass by Couch’s Grocery, a great place to stop for lunch or pick-up supplies before returning to camp.

02- Stone Valley Loop
Length: 46 Miles / 4 Hours
Difficulty: Easy

This is a fun, short, close to camp route with plenty of dirt. The 18 miles of beginner friendly dirt will start with some of the scenic winding forest roads though Bald Eagle State Forest. From there the loop heads south into Stone Valley Forest, and stops at Lake Perez. A few miles of two-lane highway will take you back to camp.

03- Little Juniata Loop
Length: 70 Miles / 5 Hours
Difficulty: Intermediate

This is the first of the intermediate level rides. The over 40 miles of dirt roads, are in very good condition, with only a few pockets of deeper gravel. Even as an experienced rider I had a lot of fun riding this loop. From camp you'll meander into Rothrock State Forest, passing Greenlee Mountain. The section after passing the Jo Hays Vista is awesome. Miles of relatively straight dirt road, with very few building or turn-offs, and with the trees bowing over the road to almost form a canopy. After the dirt ends there will be twisty paved roads, a few miles with fresh asphalt to bring you back to camp.

04- Rothrock Local Loop
Direction of Travel: Clockwise
Length: 66 Miles / 5 ½ Hours

This is a great shorter route for the rider that wants a little more of a challenge. Consisting of mostly dirt, with one rocky “Drivable Trail” section to add a little more excitement. Before getting back into camp there is also a fun twisty road to cap the ride off.

05- Poe Paddy Loop
Length: 95 Miles / 6 ½ Hours

This loop will take you east of HWY322 and into Bald Eagle State Forest, and loops though Poe Valley State Park. There will be a couple of "Drivable Trail" sections with rougher and rockier terrain. A quick section of winding paved roads though farmland connects you to the final section of dirt.

06- McCall Dam Run
Length: 165 Miles / 9 Hours
Difficulty: Advanced

This is the longest ride of the rally. Plan to be riding all day, bring plenty of water and I’d pack a lunch. There is a stop in Milheim 42 miles into the loop, topping off fuel tanks is recommend. Besides the many miles of dirt roads, there are a few very rocky “Drivable Trail” sections. Just to round everything out, some nice viewpoint can be found, and some twisty pavement sections.

07- ]Paddy Mountain Challenge
Length: 119 Miles / 7 Hours
Difficulty: Advanced

This is the most challenging of the advanced routes for this years rally. It includes as many of the “Drivable Trail” sections in the area that could be linked together. A few of the sections are very rocky, your suspension and skidplate will get a workout. There is a stop in Milheim 42 miles into the loop, topping off
Attachments
2016 Touratech Rally - 500pts.gpx
(358.11 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L