I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

TAT Water Crossings

Fords and only Fords! No Chevys, no Buicks, no Turbo-Yugos either. Post the coordinates and a description of the creek crossing. Interesting dirt or gravel roads only - no asphalt! Also post your awesome ADV GPS tracks (.gpx files)
Twist
DAMN Poohba

TAT Water Crossings

Post by Twist »

I've just returned from riding the TransAm Trail from Northern Va down through Andrews/Tellico Plains and out to Moab. We were passing through Mississippi on the TAT during and in the aftermath of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ben. It left the rivers and streams all swollen over their banks and we had a few interesting crossings. This one gets deep enough to cover the wheels completely and come above my knees sitting on the bike:

I walked the entire length of it before riding through it only to find that just around the corner was a longer, deeper, impassable stretch of water. I walked that one too and turned around when it got up to my chest. So the video above is the return trip through it to reverse our course and route around the floods.

This next one is just provided for it's comic value. It looked benign enough but there was a big rock hiding in the deep end to stop me and toss me down. It was kinda like a "fools rush in..." moment. Never let it be said that I'm shy about showing off my foolishness.

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: TAT Water Crossings

Post by Rut Row »

DAMN that was a long stretch and the biff was classic!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Awesome
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!