I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Old Baltimore Rd

Fords and only Fords! No Chevys, no Buicks, no Turbo-Yugos either. Post the coordinates and a description of the creek crossing. Interesting dirt or gravel roads only - no asphalt! Also post your awesome ADV GPS tracks (.gpx files)
pschuler

Old Baltimore Rd

Post by pschuler »

On my way back from playing in the Watershed and around Sugarloaf I figured I would ride through the creek on Old Baltimore Rd. When I rolled up to it I noticed people were standing around and a Mercedes M-Class was stuck front first on the opposite side.

I veered off to the left and was already full commitment so I went for it kind of blind. I was seeking shallow water and it turned out to be two crossings both of which were 2.5-3 feet deep. I stayed on the throttle and managed to rally through. I couldn't stop laughing or thinking about what it may have looked like to the onlookers.

I snapped a pic of the stuck vehicle with my smart phone and for some reason it didn't save. I was laughing so hard all the way up the road. Check it out if you get a chance, it looks totally different.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Old Baltimore Rd

Post by Bucho »

Nice! It is usually shallow (less then a foot deep), but it occasionally does get deep. A few years ago I had a similar incident, except I think it was a Subaru Forrester.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200