I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I think my old dr350se is up for sale..... dilemna

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

I think my old dr350se is up for sale..... dilemna

Post by hondahawkrider »

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/1333914426.html
Street Legal Dirt Bike 1998 Suzuki 350 - $1300 (Mechanicsville)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-20, 8:53PM EDT
Reply to: sale-nvegr-1333914426@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1998 Suzuki DR350 on road / off road bike. Street legal with current inspection. 7969 miles.
Here is an old pic of mine
I sold it to a guy in richmond and it's now appearing in the Richmond area..... It's got the instrument rack (rare) and rear rack (painted) and still appears to have the sticker on the swingarm. So I am pretty sure it's mine ... I am seriously thinking about buying it back... I know I still have a few parts lying around - I will miss the extra parts that I sold off (pipe, carb, etc).. It was a solid bike (hopefully still in good shape it had 7800 when I sold it so it's only has 150 miles put on it - if it's mine)..
My only issue is that it would require parting with the KTM620 adv project in my garage... I would hate to see it go after the work I have have done on it. - but with being a new dad - it would take me forever to get it finished.. The dr is only 1300- and I would definately be able to get that back outta the 620 as it as a aftermarket FCR39 carb which would be a chunk of price - not to mention a set of low EU pipes in great shape, with some other bits and pieces)...
I have missed the DR350... I would keep the XR and use that for riding to the ride for things like riding to camp - etc.. However, for things like the renunion where I would trailer out - it would be a second light fun bike to ride around and I could use to for some basic commuting duty or set it up with more extreme knobbies for off road...
If you were me - what would YOU do....
I might even be jumping the gun as it might not still be for sale.... Hmmmmmmm
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: I think my old dr350se is up for sale..... dilemna

Post by Rut Row »

sleep on it - the KTM 620 is a lot to give up
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

dibs on the 620 :eats: seriously...
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

no question KTM 620 light years ahead and does the street so much better, its a motorcycle can't be that much to make run
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Thanks for all the responses...

While having the Dr would be nice again - it's really not going to get me anything I really can't do with the XR... It would be lighter and easier on the tight stuff - but the reason I sold it was I had to trailer to those places.. All that hasn't changed..

In thinking about what I want to do next year - I really want to hit a section of the TAT in mid 2010.. I don't want to risk the 990 and while the xr would do it - I could see where the 620 would be better

So this winters task will be to put this Image back to gether so that it's not so ratty..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se