I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

code to the white curtesy phone... FS: 2001 KTM 400sx - MD

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

code to the white curtesy phone... FS: 2001 KTM 400sx - MD

Post by hondahawkrider »

from adv [GoogleVideo2]http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497089[/GoogleVideo2]

FS: 2001 KTM 400sx - Maryland/D.C. area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2001 KTM 400sx for sale. This bike was originally a motorcrosser but has been set up for trail riding. Skid plate was added, gearing was lowered, heavier EXC flywheel and stator added, Baha Designs lighting kit and mirrors installed. As you can see this bike has a tag on it but it may not have all the items on it for you to have it pass a Maryland state inspection.

I have the original plastics, seat and a dirt bike stand as well as an extra air filter that will be included. I will also throw in a set of Alpinestars size 11.5 boots to sweeten the deal.

While this bike is overall in good condition is does need both fork seals replaced and a tube for the front tire.

$1700 obo. Willing to deliver to within 100 miles of Jessup, Md.

1999 Suzuki DR350Se
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: code to the white curtesy phone... FS: 2001 KTM 400sx - MD

Post by mdubya »

Wow. :lurker:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

sent him a pm...so we'll see. That's pretty much along the lines of what I was holding out for.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote:sent him a pm...so we'll see. That's pretty much along the lines of what I was holding out for.
and I might take the boots off your hands - I wear an 11.5-12 depending on brand...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

does anyone know exactly what the requirements are for a bike to pass inspection? I know they need reflectors on the side (got nailed for that once) and blinkers and mirrors and such, but what else is there? Some kind of exhaust/emission requirements I'm sure and DOT tires I guess. Anyone know? I can't seem to find a list online anywhere. I could pull out an old inspection form from one of the other bikes I guess.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kath wrote:does anyone know exactly what the requirements are for a bike to pass inspection? I know they need reflectors on the side (got nailed for that once) and blinkers and mirrors and such, but what else is there? Some kind of exhaust/emission requirements I'm sure and DOT tires I guess. Anyone know? I can't seem to find a list online anywhere. I could pull out an old inspection form from one of the other bikes I guess.
Yep.. My SXC was not originally a street legal machine, but KTM doesn't have titles stamped as street legal... I recently got my xr inspected and MD has gotten harder...

You need to have reflectors, chain guard, tag light, at least one mirror tho two is better, a speedo and odo, DOT Tires, exhaust doen't matter much if it's stamped KTM and looks oem you should be fine. The bitch will be the turn signals and brake light. KTM has a kit to put the t/s on pretty much anything, it will take time but isn't a big deal. However, you need make sure you put in the pressure switch for the front brake (if the PO hasn't done it), basically as a dirt only machine the front brake lever won't activate the brake light - just the rear one. If the intent is to get a KTM kit - get that included as it's a paint to put in after the fact (gotta splice - not a big deal but you can't return the kit after that)..

Have Joe call me - there might be another way to get the tags w/o having to do all of that stuff..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

Try different inspection stations till you get it through.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

DAMN! That's a smokin' deal.
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

FourStroke wrote:Try different inspection stations till you get it through.
It's not completely MVA that I'm worried about. I know that there are people around that you can get just about any bike to pass to get tags. However, if it does not meet those requirements, then I highly doubt that NASA and Motorally will honor it as a contestant. I could be wrong with that assumption though. Ken / Bucho?

Am hoping to find something to race rally wv next year and smoke bucho and ken, well, bucho is the hope..ken should be cake (you know, those old guys :harhar:) :roost:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote:
FourStroke wrote:Try different inspection stations till you get it through.
It's not completely MVA that I'm worried about. I know that there are people around that you can get just about any bike to pass to get tags. However, if it does not meet those requirements, then I highly doubt that NASA and Motorally will honor it as a contestant. I could be wrong with that assumption though. Ken / Bucho?

Am hoping to find something to race rally wv next year and smoke bucho and ken, well, bucho is the hope..ken should be cake (you know, those old guys :harhar:) :roost:
I have no idea about the actual inspection other than what is written in the regs and on the RallyMoto website
My bike wasn't originally legal for the street. It is now, can it run?
As long as it isn't a two stroke, it probably can. You may not be elibigle to score points in championships with such a ride, however. This depends on the rules where you are. Several conditions:

1. It has to be registered
2. It has to be insured
3. It has to have all the road equipment you would expect on a normal street bike, see the next question below.

We check VINs at the events and match them to all the documents, so this has to be absolutely above board.

What do I need to do to my bike?
First, the bike has to be registered for the road, and insured in your state. Secondly, the bike needs these:

* a headlight and a rear light
* exhausts with some kind of a spark arrestor (or a cat)
* horn
* rear mirror
* all legally required lights
* you need a first aid kit
* a road triangle
* a laminated "OK/Red Cross" status sheet. You can download the images here: OK Sheet and Red Cross Sheet.

Now, that's what we require. This doesn't address what you might want to do to make your bike more comfortable or faster or slower or safer. This list also doesn't talk about what class you might end up racing in. It's not on the 'we check it at tech' list, but you'll need an enduro scroll reader as well. So between the scroll reader (about $20), the triangle (about $12), the first aid kit (about $20), some zip ties, it can be less than $50 to prep your bike.
and dood - if you can't beat me, then you need to turn in your MC license! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris