I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

code to the white curtesy phone... FS: 2001 KTM 400sx - MD

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
code
DAMN Poohba

Re: code to the white curtesy phone... FS: 2001 KTM 400sx - MD

Post by code »

Kyler wrote: and dood - if you can't beat me, then you need to turn in your MC license! :lol2:
:dry:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

I can see Code's point ... While I don't see it as a problem for a NASA/Sandblast stuff - as a fair number of the cars are NOT street legal - all of the EU cars (1/3 or more of the field is from across the pond) - And while they run on the main roads to get to closed route - there is allot of coordination with the local townships for it to not be an issue ....

That said, I have been doing car rallies with dad for 35 years... I was a navigator when I was in short pants and couldn't see over the dash.. Anyway, in the last 5+ years the requirements to run have gotten hard and harder to run on public roads... Now when we run one (thru the MGOB MG's of Baltimore) part of the entrant fee goes for a one day membership to the SCCA to cover liability issues should something happend at the event..

I can see where any event like the PB500 or s500 might have to be a little stricter and take a closer look at bikes running on any public roads and/or state land to cover liability issues... It's not too hard to get a tag for a dirt bike, at least it wasn't that hard to get my sxc tagged.. However, while it looked legal - if you squeezed the front brake - no brakelight - like lots of dirt bikes- no pressure switch and well the t/s were there - but didn't work.. I mean how often does a cop do a point by point inspection - etc - but I would have been up a creek without paddle if I had ever gotten a inspection ticket... IMHO it's best to get em legal - so while the bike might be a good deal at 1700 - it's gonna cost $$ to get it legal..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I know there is a guy who runs some of the Rallymoto stuff, and he rides an old XR600. Those never came street legal. There are also quite a few KTM 450s and 525s. Yes, the new ones come street legal, but I'm sure not all those in the event started out life street legal.
I wouldn't worry about it.

(If you get the bike and it doesn't work out, you could sell it to me for half price...)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Honestly, if it was a bit more street legal then not I probably would've gone ahead and bought it. The extra money to make me knowingly content that it passed and passed legally was going to be too much. Money is tight and the economy hit us a bit hard this year. So ideally, a sweet deal will fall right around the time that we know what we're getting back in taxes.

I'd rather wait, then take it out of my sons xmas present fund. Sry Cam, daddy needed another motorcycle to fulfill a dream..you're young and have plenty of time to dream :thumbup: <~me Cam~> :dry: :ride: <~me Cam~> :frustrated: :salute: and one more for when he gets older and learns to use a gun ...me~> :target: