I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

SOLD - FS: TTR125E

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: FS: TTR125E

Post by Marylander »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:15 am I have a TTR 125 and it cold blooded but since I went to straight AV Gas I just pull the choke and no throttle, couple seconds of crank and fires then just let high idle warm till will idle with no choke. Never bothered trying to develop more power but does manage to haul me around the trails just fine. The key for me is do not put fuel in them that can and will go bad.
Ah, that's smart. I've got 87 octane no ethanol/liberty nearby but I've been too lazy to go get it. These TTRs are surprisingly strong and have effortless traction. My brother had property on the ridge near capon bridge and I could go straight up the side of the mountain even with no trail. It almost made it look like I could ride up loose, nasty hills (which are my nemeses on a full size bike).
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

You're right. I forgot about the change in front brake. But the LE would be too big for him right now, and if the electric start gets him riding more in the near term, it's worth the investment.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, we had an xr80 too and my daughters would line up to ride the ttr rather than kickstart the xr and be able to both ride simultaneously. I don't know what it is but I couldn't get either of them to snap the kickstart. Their mother was the same way. She couldn't start a ke100 half the time because she would just push the lever rather than snapping it down (I could start that thing with barely any effort using my hand). She'd lost all interest by the time the ttr was around so she never even rode it. She did get her motorcycle license about 20 years ago but she was never sufficiently interested to actually get a bike. Probably a good thing as she's not a great driver. :killingme:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

For my son, it was hard for him to get a good snap rather than a push, but he's actually gotten pretty good at it... Except when cold or flooded, which as I mentioned before would happen instantly if it ever laid on its side. Flooded to the point, where even with decades of experience and whipping out all of the tricks and being able to get a really good snap with lots of rotations on the kickstarter, it even takes me a little bit to get it going again. Brand new, stock size jets so I don't think it's that. I think it's just it really likes to flood. That, and I need to put new rings into it; that might help.

On the plus side, with the TTR coming into the stable, I can put the 16" front back on with Battleaxe tires front and rear and I have my own MiniGP bike! :-D

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: SOLD - FS: TTR125E

Post by phoo »

Thanks, Marylander! I couldn't help but take it for a fun ride around the front yard in the snow. Starts up nice and easy.

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Nice! I spent more time messing with the jetting on the ttr after planning to sell it than I did while I owned it (also including the time my brother owned it). :killingme: I think you received it running better (or at least cold starting and idling better) than it ever did before. :cheers:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Marylander wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:11 pm Nice! I spent more time messing with the jetting on the ttr after planning to sell it than I did while I owned it (also including the time my brother owned it). :killingme: I think you received it running better (or at least cold starting and idling better) than it ever did before. :cheers:
I'd believe it! It starts right up, every time! Thanks, your efforts are appreciated! :)

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool man, I'm glad to hear it! :thumbup: