I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Recognize this SUV?

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Recognize this SUV?

Post by juddspaintballs »

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Recognize this SUV?

Post by Laoch »

Yours?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Heh, very nice, good luck! ;)
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I don't really want to sell it, but I don't need it either. It's a great vehicle for transporting the dirt bike to/from events and camping in, but I have a beater F150 I can do that in, too. The F150 is slower, not as luxurious, has no AC, and only gets crappy fuel mileage, but for hauling scrap metal and household junk it is far more useful.

I'd go down to $2000 if another DAMN rider wanted it. It has a newish starter, too. :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Jed,

What kind of gas mileage do you get out of it? Any known mechanical issues?

Thanks
J
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

It gets pretty poor mileage, actually. About 16 MPG. I read up on it and it's the norm for these older Sorentos using old "truck" style orientations--low power, big displacement V6 mounted the right way with the transmission going out the back, regular Hi/Lo transfer case, real ladder style frame, etc.

The only "issues" with it are that the right rear door lock actuator makes an awful noise when it's locking, but it locks and unlocks just fine and has the entire time I've had it. It has a very slight oil leak around the intake gasket, but it's not enough that I've bothered replacing it. It got a new starter and new parking brake shoes when I bought it from Kirk.

Not listed in the ad, but I added a set of AirLift rear helper springs recently to it. 5-35 PSI in the air bags inside of the rear coil springs to keep the rear end from squatting when there's a bike on the hitch. I normally drive it with 10 PSI in there and bump it up to 25 PSI with a bike on the rear.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Thanks for the run down Jed. I am looking for a beater to keep the new truck out of the salt this winter. I know you are a good mechanic so its attractive but I was hoping for something with better MPG. Let me noodle on it a little bit.

Thanks
J
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The sorento, with those tires, is an unstoppable force in the snow (they are M+S rated). I live on a steep hill and never had any trouble getting up the hill. The mileage was always a disappointment though. I got the same mileage in the sorento as I had in the 97 suburban it replaced. :killingme: Still, I have missed that little truck.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Here's the current beater
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

The Kia sold today to a local.