I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2005 KTM 300 EXC *plated* two stroke

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

2005 KTM 300 EXC *plated* two stroke

Post by phoo »

2005 KTM 300 EXC two stroke enduro bike, registered and plated in Maryland

Mechanically great, but could use new plastics.

Tons of upgrades, so I'm sure I'll miss stuff --

Recent top and bottom (seals, gaskets, etc) end rebuilds done by J&T Motorsports
Forks and shock professionally set up for 200# rider
Enduro Engineering seat
Clarke 3.5 gallon natural color tank (so you can see fuel level while riding)
Aluminum bash plate
Moose Racing hand guards
Protaper Bars
Fresh tires
Recent chain and sprockets
Fresh bushings for rear shock
Acerbis front disc protector
EE aluminum rear disc protector
Gnarly FMF pipe for more low end grunt
Aluminum frame guards

This bike has been trustworthy and starts fast and easy. No e-start but it's never been an issue because it's such a light kick and will start with a lazy partial kick - super helpful if you find yourself picking yourself up on a hill! If you've never ridden a 300cc two stroke, you owe it to yourself to do it. They truly are "cheater bikes" -- light weight, lots of low end grunt, lots of high end horsepower. You can ride it like a two stroke and wind it out in the straights and up hills and over logs and whatever, or you can lug it down low as you search for traction up a muddy and rutted hill, through trees, tight single track, anywhere. The bars have been narrowed so you can fit through places others find painful, yet with the light steering on this bike it doesn't make you tired from a lack of leverage.

Here's the bike in its natural habit, surrounded by DAMN Riders (in the middle, facing left, next to Skinny-J on the blue Yamaha.

Baby Burr Dual Sport 2017

I guess I should take a picture of it when it's clean, but this bike was meant to be ridden!

I'd love to get $3k for it, and it's worth it imo, but motivated seller will take $2500 if you pick it up quickly.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 2005 KTM 300 EXC *plated* two stroke

Post by Skinny-J »

Wow! :cry: Hopefully it stays in the DAMN family, that's a great deal for someone to jump on.

I wonder what is coming to replace it.... :think:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:04 pm Wow! :cry: Hopefully it stays in the DAMN family, that's a great deal for someone to jump on.

I wonder what is coming to replace it.... :think:
Dunno, but if he's going to Colorado....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I am going to Colorado. The only motivator to sell is increased fuel efficiency and tbh I like the idea of oil injection. To highlight the reliability of this bike, I actually have, in the mail right now, a 1.6 gallon auxiliary tank I was going to mount on the rear fender for the one day in CO it would be needed but if I can avoid the weight in an inopportune place and not have the tank hitting me in the ass for the entire day, I'll do it. Actually, if not for Colorado, I probably wouldn't be selling right now. But I've found a replacement and I'm trying to keep to my "sell one before getting one" deal so I don't end up with over a dozen motorcycles again. Seven is enough! :-P

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Sold.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk