I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2007 DRZ400E for sale or trade $3500

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

2007 DRZ400E for sale or trade $3500

Post by Nobody »

I've decided to part with my bike. The real owner is my granddad and only was riding on sunny Sundays to the church and after to the pub

:lol2:
To be serious - it has served it's purpose - to teach me basics how to ride off-road :cheers:

The short version:
Pretty good off-road and dualsport bike. Has some nicks and scratches but runs and looks very good. Not too many mods, just the things I
needed for the trails + a switch and a relay for blinkers (no blinkers at the time). Has a street title and tag in D.C. (State department).
3.6gal tank, skid plate, hydraulic clutch, FCR carb, Tubliss, radiator fan on manual switch, LED bulb in the headlight, Trailtech Striker
speedometer.

The long version:
It has a clean street title now, but since it is registered in the Department of State (before was street titled in Colorado) I'm not sure
if it is possible to register it around here - you'll have to check it. Also seems like it will take some time to get a new title as I need
a buyer first and only then can request a title (OFM rules). Never have done it, but I would estimate it will take a week or so.
So about the bike:
It's recorded miles are just above 2k, but it is not a truth. Even I had a speedometer broken for a while and most of my miles are not
counted (I would estimate around 2k miles last year). But from the title you would think no one has ever really ridden the bike :lol2:
Has a Tubliss system. If the new owner doesn't want it, I can replace it with tubes and take $100 off the price. The front tire has a hole
somewhere and is leaking air slowly. I just pump it up before ride and it will hold well for a couple of days. Rear tire is basically a
shot. I have a new one ready, just haven't changed it yet, as there's no rush to do so yet - the old one still works quite fine. Can change
if the buyer wants.
Not to long ago replaced both rims and all spokes as the old ones were in a bad shape.
Brake pads in front will soon need to be changed. Have a pair in reserve. Rear ones still good.
Chain looks still good, but probably will have to be changed after this season. I just don't know how long can it last. Is not stretching a
bit yet. The front sprocket started to show a wear recently, I've replaced it.
A year ago I've done the top end: Rebuilt the head, new ss valves, heavy duty springs, guides, seats cut, shimmed. New piston rings. New cam
chain, new manual cam chain tensioner. Installed a stainless steel valves, that made it more noisy, but I guess also more reliable.
Had a leaking water pump, replaced it.
Installed a used FCR carb. Can't make it idle properly, it idles only when warmed up well and it is warm enough outside. Actually never had
jetted carburetors before and bough jets by forum advice. But otherwise it runs strong enough and is not a big problem. Only on slow stuff I
have to keep some rpms up sometimes in order to not to stall. Or when standing in neutral. Have a CV carb that came with the bike, but the
FCR is much better in my opinion even when it won't idle well. Also the CV was not jeted right for D.C. too.
Have bough new white Clarke 3.6 gal gas tank. Basically for looks as I really didn't like the natural plastic look. I still have the IMS
4.2gal that can go with the bike if buyer would like to have it. RMZ front fender also for looks. Almost new Acerbis radiator shrouds, one already
repaired though (had a crack).
Acerbis hand guards well used but still work and are saving my hands almost every ride. So many trees in those forests! :D
Good strong skid plate. Has some dents from saving the engine. Also the case savers - the left one already proved to be working ;).
Replaced a seat cover last summer. Installed some decals. Now when I like the way it looks I sell it :doh:
Also have installed a LED light bulb in a new front light assembly. Now it really shines, I'm only not sure about inspections with it ;).
But in that case I also have a new original bulb. Rear light is LED too, works as a tail light and brake light from the front brake.
In the beginning I was thinking I will use it on the road too, so I also installed turn indicators. All of them have suffered a lot and none
is left, but it will not be too hard to install them again as I have the switch, relay and most of the wiring (the part under the rear
fender is gone).
There is a switch for a fan and one for a headlight. The fan is damaged - one blade broke off, but still works ok.
Before last ride installed also a hand control for the Trailtech Striker for easier manipulation while riding. Will have to take it off
though if there's a need to put the mirror back. Not hard, just 2 screws and an electrical plug.
It had the bar risers when i got it, still there - plenty of adjustment if you know what you want.
Then almost forgot about the Magura HYDRAULIC clutch! The best mod I've done to it - the clutch lever is sooo much lighter compared to stock
cable one. Also I've changed all the clutch plates last november.

So that's about it. I'm open to offers, will not take any offer as an insult as do some of the sellers, but I'll keep the right to say no
:). If I still would think I could go to the real off-road adventure rides (like primitive cmaping all the way and so on) I would keep it,
but I'm realistic enough to understand that I will not do that in a year or so I stil have here in U.S. But I know I will still do some
trail riding and enduro, so the decision.
Hence would trade in for an enduro bike. Preferably 350-450cc 4T and a dedicated enduro, don't really want an MX bike. More expensive or
cheaper (the owner of the cheapest bike adds some $$) - gotta see to decide if I want it. I want to try a real 4T enduro I've never had.

Every day is a good day when you ride
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 2007 DRZ400E for sale or trade $3500

Post by Laoch »

:thumbup:

What's next?
:lurker:
Bruce
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Laoch wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:50 am :thumbup:

What's next?
:lurker:
IDK :lol2:
If this will sell, I'll look what's available. I'm thinking mainly 450cc 4t. Would be happy to have a modern 350, but new is too pricey and I don't see used ones.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

What do you think, guys, is this a real buyer or a scammer? You probably know better all the scamming schemes here. To me it looks like 70/30 towards scammer.
How would you handle the payment considering I have to get his name first, give it to OFM so that they can issue a title on his name?

"[i]i am very interested in it and i am okay with the price, what is the pick up address I wont be able to come for the pick up ,because I am serving in the US Army and currently been deploy to Fort Huachuca Military Base,Arizona , but I have a mover that will come for the pick up once payment clears in your account and he will handle the title for me..[/i]"

EDIT: BUT, on the other hand it is the scheme I had bought my bike more than a year ago :killingme:
Last edited by Nobody on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Scammer. You will get this same response with every craigslist add.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

jgreene wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm Scammer. You will get this same response with every craigslist add.
Ok, can you explain how the scheme works? Do they pay with something that can be withdrawn from their side? How to know if you're safe when someone wants to pay through PayPal which is very popular around here? In europe PayPal is already a red light about scammers, there you normally use a bank transfer :).
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Scammer. If not, fuk him, locals only.
Dude- put in your listing (if not already): cash only, you pick up, no low balls, money talks/ BS walks, etc,- all that good shit.

BTW- wouldn't a buyer have to get past security to see it and out again :lol2:

Jut saw your listing- you should add some of the above. Let them know your are not a rube from somewhere strange :lol2:
Bruce
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Laoch wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:04 pm Scammer. If not, fuk him, locals only.
Dude- put in your listing (if not already): cash only, you pick up, no low balls, money talks/ BS walks, etc,- all that good shit.

BTW- wouldn't a buyer have to get past security to see it and out again :lol2:
I have a slight problem with title - I have to request it from Office of Foreign Misisons and that will take some time. To get it I have to enter the buyer's name in the system. Cash only would work if they come, see the bike, approve, give me money, we sign the title and done. I have a little bit more complicated situation..

Can't tell you about security, would have to kill you too! :killingme:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

There should be at least one secure way to receive money electronically. Is there?
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

From what I have researched, the pay with a counterfeit money order. You give them the bike, and sometimes the money order is more than the asking price, and you refund the difference. Then you get a call from your bank stating that the money order is fake, and you also owe them the money.

I cannot say what is the best payment method, but in all of my adds, I state that it is an in person cash deal.
Member R&T Club, and GMER