I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

FREE Pine Firewood [Taken]

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

FREE Pine Firewood [Taken]

Post by Rut Row »

Yup - pine. But it is FREE! I'm building a house and we are cutting down around an acre of 18-24" white pine trees.

I'll hang on to some for DAMN rides but I can't store that much. Anyone interested in FREE firewood? :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: FREE Pine Firewood

Post by Wingfixer »

Hmmm, lemme noodle on this.....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:38 am Hmmm, lemme noodle on this.....
I'm getting a dump trailer and will haul it to your place. Bring your tractor over to make loading easier. This would be great for your Dad's boiler once dried.

MD DNR says "The use of well dried pine is OK in a stove or fireplace. Ideally it would be used along with well seasoned hardwoods. Pine burns quicker and hotter so it's very good for kindling. Hardwoods burn slower and last longer so you don't have to get up as often to feed the fire. There has been concern about the use of pine because of the pitch contained in the wood. However, if its well dried and mixed with hardwoods there should be no concerns. Regardless of what type of wood you burn, it is always advisable to check your flue periodically for any creosote buildup which can lead to a chimney fire."
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Pine takes about 3 years of drying to be safe to burn in a house and it's still advisable to clean the chimney a few times during the season.

Pine burns fine in my boiler whether it's dry or not. The problem is that I don't like dealing with the sap to split up pine logs that big. I burn pretty much anything else, though.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: FREE Pine Firewood [Taken]

Post by Rut Row »

The trees will be finding a warm place soon!
Ken