I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2014 Sherco 250 SEF-R

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

2014 Sherco 250 SEF-R

Post by Skinny-J »

My Sherco buddy has decided he just doesn't have time to ride so he is going to sell his bike:
Its a 2014 Sherco 250-SEF-R four-stroke enduro, trail, hare scramble, dual-sport bike. It has the dual-map CDI to crank it up when you want to GO. It was a demo that he bought in Nov of 2015 from South Mountain Cycle and only had 35 hours on it. He has maybe put less than 10 hours on it so I am guessing 45 hours now in total.

It's basically stock the way it came from South Mountain. It did come with a nice high-impact skid plate, Moose handguards and Bulletproof Designs radiator guards. 2014 Sherco "R" models have WP suspension and the four strokes are fuel injected. It has Nissin Brakes, Brembo hydraulic clutch and electric start. The bike came with an "open" MCO and he plated it as a new bike in MD and its currently still tagged. It will need a dual-sport kit added to go through MD inspection as a used bike but the Title and MVA paperwork should be easy.

Here is a write up the South Mountain Cycle guys did on this bike (bike pictured is this exact bike): http://www.southmountaincycleshop.com/w ... end-review

I think the bike is worth $4,500. He's got much more in it but that is what happens when you let me talk you into buying a dirt bike...

SJ
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 2014 Sherco 250 SEF-R

Post by Laoch »

Nice bike. Nice price.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I will toss out a little history to this bike. It was first used by the importer for his daughter to do some local easy trail riding. Had kuba link installed to lower and softer than stock fork and shock springs to help make gentle as possible. Had a couple hours of dirt roads and easy trails put on it then no more interest to ride so the importer put back to stock and sold to South Mountain as a demo bike.
The 250 makes ample power but does like to be ridden aggressive to be in the power band. That is the sweet part of those 250 and 300 4-strokes...no power band hit like a 2 stroke and very easy to ride fast as the little 4 stokes like to rev out.
The clutch works well so easy to fan the clutch when needed. I like my big bore 2 strokes but could ride the little 4 strokes faster and easier for longer.
Parts is not an issue. The importer is in TN and has amble supply of parts, he even welcomes you to call him direct to discuss bike questions. Sherco is not California green sticker compliant. They will not tune bikes to make Callifornia happy but rather tune them to run well as in fuel injection to make power and run cooler. When I took my 300 Sherco to Colorado I was one of the few 4 strokes to start instantly and run perfect and I never once over heated when many of the orange bikes looked like steam engines. Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions about the brand in general.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I think this bike is sold now....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr