I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

FS: '01 drz400s for parts, repair $best offer

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
skierd
DAMN Expert

FS: '01 drz400s for parts, repair $best offer

Post by skierd »

This was easily the most expensive oil change I've ever had. Changing the oil for the first time this afternoon and I cracked the case installing the drain plug. :frustrated: This happened using a new OEM washer and a torque wrench set to 13 ft#'s, so I'm guessing it was already started when I got to it today. :foul:

I don't have the time or a work space to pull the engine and replace the cases since I go to school and work full-time and live in apartment. The bike ran great before this bullshit happened, also has a new battery and air filter, just over 8500 miles on it, flatlands rad guards, TT skid plate, MCCT, case shields, and peg sliders installed. Also have a new edge taillight and turn signals as well as a new RK o-ring chain and 15/41 sprockets in a box waiting to go on..

How much is my paperweight worth? Make me an offer!

Here's the rest of the bike:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: FS: '01 drz400s for parts, repair $best offer

Post by Rut Row »

ohmagod - this is a DISASTER! :frustrated:

You might consider parting it out instead of trying to sell it whole.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

I don't really have room to break it down and store the parts as I sell them unfortunately. Regardless, I sold it to a guy earlier tonight from Craigslist.

In any event, time to go shopping! Just wish I had done this BEFORE I bought a new chain/sprocket, battery, air filter, and taillight+turnsignals for it, and a new helmet, jacket, pants, and boots for myself. :rant:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

Depending on how bad it was cracked, you may have been able to drill it & cap it? Guess it's too late now though. I stripped the drain plug on my old xr250 & I used JB weld. It worked ok. Had a very small leak, but was a cheap fix for an old bike.