I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Looking for CRF450 parts

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Looking for CRF450 parts

Post by Glenduro »

Hello,

I'm looking for 2005 CRF450 radiator, header and carb.

Please respond or pm with prices.

Thank you,

Glenduro
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Looking for CRF450 parts

Post by Skinny-J »

IIRC, you were riding the Cove on Sunday.... and now you need parts. Me thinks there is a good story here; please share with lots of pics!
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:lol2: I was thinking the same thing....
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Just being in the company with purple haze answers alot.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Hey guys,

We were 3 or so miles into the 22 mile loop and my frame got perched on a rock on the high side. I couldn't get a grip with my feet due to my bike being to high off the ground and I took a bath in a rock pile. I bent and punctured the radiator, mangled my header and chipped my helmet, thankfully it wasn't my new one. I changed helmets in the first 30 minutes after I saw the rock piles.

I turned around after the fall as I realized my skill set did not match the terrain, Once I was on my way back my radiator started smoking and I realized it was leaking, Once I got back to my truck I examined it closer and then found the header damage.

First time at the cove and I realized its not my kind of riding.
25 to get in and 500 to get out.
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts :) Thats my new DAMN slogan.

The best part of the ride was the group of guys I was riding with. Really nice and very skilled. I was outmatched on this trip and look forward to riding with them again after I get some miles behind me and level up.

Glenduro
Attachments
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG (46.43 KiB) Viewed 4486 times
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

You are not the first guy to suffer rock damage at the Cove.

Get used to riding rocks. I feel most of the places around here are pretty rocky. I used to hate them. Now I kind of enjoy a tough rocky section.

Our enduro in Jersey should be rock free.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boat Drinks
DAMN n00b

Post by Boat Drinks »

"25 to get in and 500 to get out"

Glen, be glad you escaped the Cove with just broken parts on your bike, next time you talk to Purple Haze ask him about our ride there a few years ago that left him in Shock Trauma for three days..........................

After you get used to the rocks you will find that the challenge becomes enjoyable.

I hope to see you on the trails again.
KTM 990 Adventure
GAS GAS EC 300
Sherco Trials
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Another convert to rock riding here. I'm so accustomed to them now it feels weird to ride on dirt... ;)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

there is a reason I don't like the Cove :angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Purple Haze
DAMN n00b

Post by Purple Haze »

Glenn,
The Cove always has hidden costs. Hopefully you can get it repaired without killing the wallet. The mud mixed in with the rocks made it a very interesting ride. No matter which way we travel to ride, there is no getting around riding rocks. I give it to you for giving it a go, and don't let it discourage you from trying again. I hated the rocks and the knuckle heads that told me it was fun at first but I enjoy it now. The challenge now is not letting them see me crash. I look forward to seeing you on another ride.

PS

Don't pay attention to Boom Boom. The years of explosive work has rattled his brain matter :screwy:
13 Husaberg TE 300
2020 TRS rr 250