I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

How do YOU price your bike?

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: How do YOU price your bike?

Post by Rut Row »

pcoburn wrote:Of course we all really know a bike that's done the TAT is worth more... right... :ride:
TAT's right! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I feel so sorry for you. i would suggest you take off all farkles and sell your bike. then I will gladly come by and pick up those "spare" old useless farkles for my xr650l. :brows:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Everything depends upon who your trying to sell it too....

When selling a bike, I do the same thing, pick a price between, trade in and retail, and post that figure with both figures and links to kbb, then I offer up two prices for the bike, one as is with all the farkles, and I list out the farkles and the cost, and I offer a price of it returned to stock....

The stock price is usually on target and closer to retail price, but the price with all the goodies is usually the stock price + around 25% of what I paid for all the farkles... Most of the time the bikes I have sold have the usual standard farkles for that bike... This way if someone wants the bike, they are getting a decent deal as they are getting a lot of extras for a low price... I sell it stock and pull the parts (pita) if I have to do it....

I have noticed that doing this keeps the low ballers away... There are those out there will offer up just trade-in price, even if it's got significant $ in the right farkles, and get pissy when you won't meet their price.... I don't mind negotiating, but get mad when you strike a deal, and then they try and get it down further... I once had a deal to sell my sv, and when the guy showed up, he was 200 short, and got pissed when I said, I would accept it but he wasn't getting the new set of tires that was to go with it... I now will never take an ad down or refuse another deal, unless I know the person, or have cash in hand (deposit will do)..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
pcoburn
DAMN n00b

Post by pcoburn »

Hijacking my own thread here, but having just filled up the car with (premium) gas, I believe I might be trying to sell the wrong vehicle. Wow! :screwy: Maybe I should be looking for a rain suit instead...

So what I've learned is I may be in the right ball park for my bike, but have probably been attaching too much value (for the purchaser) on the farkles.

Once again, thanks for all the replies. :thumbup:

2005 Husqvarna TC 450 - plated and ready to ride
1999 KTM 300 EXC - my old man woods bike
SOLD! 2007 XR650L - used for TN-UT TAT last summer
Ferdinand

Post by Ferdinand »

Yeah, I like when they show up with less money then the original agreement when they first looked at it. I learned that one a long time ago and now I say if you don't come with cash for the agreed price don't bother coming. I think this sucky spring weather is hurting the market right now too but that should change.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I had a guy show up with too little money once. I told him the ATM was inside the supermarket down the street. Believe it or not, he went down the street and came back with a stack of $20s.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200