I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I hate fairings and plastic

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

I hate fairings and plastic

Post by Bucho »

My head light went out on my Kawasaki Concours. After checking the fuse I assume/hope its just a bulb. This being my first bike w/ a fairing or plastic of any kind, I was a little daunted, but assumed I could get to the headlight somewhere behind all that stuff.
I removed the lower fairings and started to remove the upper fairing/windshield piece. In this process, I realized I didn't have to do this at all, and managed just to take part of my dash apart to access the light, and after popping it out, yes it is just the bulb. Of course the local shop doesn't have one in stock and need to order me a new one.

Anyway, I start trying to put the lower fairings back on. I find there are many mismatched screws and it makes matching them up to re-assemble that much harder.

I can't figure out how to get the DAMN thing back on.

Anyone ever have one of these? Maybe gimme a hand?

Its pisssing me off/frustrating me enough that I'm strongly considering just running w/ the upper fairing/windshield part and screwing the lowers.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Roadracer_Al

Re: I hate fairings and plastic

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I haven't looked at it yet, but hit up http://www.ronayers.com and use their on-line microfiche system. They have exploded views of pretty much everything.

a
Teethgrinder

Re: I hate fairings and plastic

Post by Teethgrinder »

While it sounds a bit silly, I have always taped the bolt next to the proper hole on the fairing when disassembling plastics with a piece of electrical tape. No matter the model, it seems that no two screws are alike when it comes to fairing attachment. So I started the tape thing with every bolt I take off of anything. That, or otherwise marking their home location for reference later. :shrug: