I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Boom Boom »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:21 am Ready for some Torque? 64 tooth out back.
Do you burn a Klotz candle when you ride so you feel like a real dirt bike.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I tell ya what, this thing has opened up a whole new world of riding for me. I just got back from a quick 20 min spin around the trail by my house before my next telecon. No loading up, no driving, just put on my helmet and gloves and take off. I could never do that with a "real" dirtbike without seriously pissing off my neighborhood. Now, I cruise around and all I get is people waving at me and smiling cause I am just cruising on a bike as far as they are concerned. I passed 2 ladies riding their mountain bikes on the way back and they laughed and said "That's not fair!"

Me likee-I am having fun and can even do some urban riding in NOVA by my girlfriends house as they have those rental electric scooters everywhere now in Crystal City.
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:30 pm I tell ya what, this thing has opened up a whole new world of riding for me. I just got back from a quick 20 min spin around the trail by my house before my next telecon. No loading up, no driving, just put on my helmet and gloves and take off. I could never do that with a "real" dirtbike without seriously pissing off my neighborhood. Now, I cruise around and all I get is people waving at me and smiling cause I am just cruising on a bike as far as they are concerned. I passed 2 ladies riding their mountain bikes on the way back and they laughed and said "That's not fair!"

Me likee-I am having fun and can even do some urban riding in NOVA by my girlfriends house as they have those rental electric scooters everywhere now in Crystal City.
Just busting your balls....
Did you show the mountain bike girls some sweet wheelies?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Mike see if you can find a deal on a pair of these bikes :lol2:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

aai wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:50 pm Mike see if you can find a deal on a pair of these bikes :lol2:
Oh my NO... After all the ball busting I have been doing. I have issues changing a battery in a flashlight so no interest in this sort of madness.
You got to see how much issue just one connector not 100% connected made on your bike.....you want something that is powered by those connections?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

well that's the beauty of it, you know its electrical and not mechanical :jack:
let me see, 5 grown men approx 50 kickstarts each, no spark...we could've saved 250 kickstarts = extra hour of riding and not trouble shooting
Mike, I must say...youre starting to come off as pessimistic about things :lol2:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

My favorite thing is the places I can go ride now and no one cares. I was blasting some nice jumps up at the high school. No one even looked at me cause there was no noise, so people just think you are on a MTN BIKE.

Watch this video, pretty funny. It's kinda long but it is funny about how this guy buys a Segway 160 then comes up with a plan to extend the range.

Lots of cool bikes---
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Why don't we get all the surron bikes together at granvilles next week? These things are great for doing a little trail maintenance and we can tune the hell out of them in the process. Its a great place to find out exactly what the little bikes can and can't do :cheers:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Mine is half converted over to being 'child sized'. I'm trying to order another one for him but none in stock until ~May. Really want an orange one (his favorite color) from ebikezilla but there is conflicting info if they can ship into the USA now. Luna sucks in that they only import black now. I'd prefer not to support them since they won't bring the Storm Bee in. Whats the point of signing up an exclusive dealer if they won't bring in what your customers want?

My rear shock & spring came in but I need a tiny spring compressor to install it. Ordered one from RockyMtn.

My litespeed batt *SAYS* it shipped 2 wks ago but no tracking # so I'm doubtful it actually shipped. That reminds me to call them...
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

davej wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:09 pm Why don't we get all the surron bikes together at granvilles next week? These things are great for doing a little trail maintenance and we can tune the hell out of them in the process. Its a great place to find out exactly what the little bikes can and can't do :cheers:
Sounds cool! But I thought that was this weekend? If Granvilles is next weekend, I am in!
Lots of cool bikes---