I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by aai »

nice looking bike :drool:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I saw that video. He got a XX Ludi version for that review. He was smoking pretty quick down those trails. 100 of them were made/sold last fall. The Normal X model is the same bike with out the modified controller for the most part. I added DVO forks to mine and a 26inch DH MTB rim for the front. 64 tooth sprocket and this thing is crazy fun! I'll eventually upgrade the controller and battery to have more power, but for now, they are pretty fun stock when you get the gearing set up for more torque. Check out his video review of the DRILL ONE.

You can make a sur ron run like that with comparable power for ~2500 bucks over the cost of the bike which is 3850. So for 6.5 grand, you can build a pretty sick Sur Ron that is on par power wise with DRILL ONE, CAKE or other higher end bikes that are around the 9-10K price point. Now before you go thats as much as a regular motorcycle? Yup it is, BUT most mid to top level E-MTB bikes are 6g's plus so, not too bad IMO. You can ride ALOT more places you could never on a gas bike. Plus Sur Ron has crap loads of aftermarket support. I have all of the ICE bikes I want for now, so playing with this in the woods around my house is priceless! I can ride everyday now!

Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Just cut in a whole new section/area of trail in the woods behind my house. I had no idea how much stuff was in there! Big bowl area with some inclines and hills. All tucked away within the community and no one will ever know I am in there. I'll shoot a video tomorrow. this is gonna be awesome!
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Just got home from a two week ride to Texas Hill Country and back so I decided to get out and play on the Sur Ron in the woods. It was a beautiful day to tackle the narrow technical trails near my house:

I'm still coming to terms with the power delivery but getting more used to it with each ride.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Went for short rip today. I still have to walk the long section of trail that runs along the river but this section is right behind my house and has so much possibility! There are 10-15 of these larger wooded areas in between the various small enclaves of houses on our peninsula. I can connect all of them up by crossing the roads and riding a short bit on the street and drop in to the next section. When it is all set up and done, I'll have about a 2+ mile loop with all of these kinds of trails to play on, right outta my house. Each section has a huge play area with hills and jumps and all kinds of fun stuff. So I'll have enough to make a nice ride with lots of areas to stop and ride in, then move on. The longest loop is insane. It goes down a valley only used by deer to the South River then up the coast towards US50 and then back into my neighborhood. That is gonna be epic.

I went and shot this vid real quick today. You can hear the leaves under the tires make more noise than the motor and chain! These little guy can easily wheelie over trees and stuff and they climb hills pretty good, so trail riding is fun on these little guys.

Last edited by Firebolter on Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

After about a two month wait, I got a present in the mail today...
72V, 32Ah, 300A BMS
20210315_litespeed_72V_32Ah.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

BIG POWER! You have a NUC24 CONTROLLER right?
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Yes, Nuc24F. Thats what prompted the batt upgrade. I thought I'd be fine w/ the stock battery but 'power corrupts...' Got the tusk spring compressor today and put the 'adult sized' shock together so I might swap the bike back to my configuration to test out. Else I might hurt myself on the little supermoto wheels :lol2:

What made you upgrade to the DVO fork Bill? Did the 26er tire not fit in the orig fork?
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:12 pm
What made you upgrade to the DVO fork Bill? Did the 26er tire not fit in the orig fork?
Now Stephen, you've met me and hung out with me, seen my bikes, I cannot leave shit stock! It hurts my soul!
Seriously, I wanted a beefier front end so I could rage it a bit. The 26 would fit the stock RST, but the DVO is really plush and super tunable. That with the 550 spring on the stock DNM shock is perfect for my fat arse!
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

cool video Bill, that place looks plenty entertaining. Looks like you have a nice place too Wes. I suppose that's why I got a dual sport...ride out of the garage legally to find some local woods or power line trails to ride illegally :lol2: These e bikes takes the cake
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F