Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Post Reply
User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Twist » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:32 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:10 am

Just mount a fake set of peddles and you will be all good.

Image

If I get in any trouble I'm going to tell them that you said this was OK.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 3073
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Boom Boom » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:30 pm

I see dirt on the tires that is a good start...
2018 Montesa 300rr
Beta TR35 (garage queen)

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Twist » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:41 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:30 pm
I see dirt on the tires that is a good start...
You should have seen it before I washed it yesterday. You could hardly tell the color of the bike after all the streams and slop I rode through. With those crappy fenders I was covered front and back with mud myself. I looked like someone roosted me in a mud hole. After that I put that cheap craft project front fender on it while I'm waiting on something real.

Still mulling over if I'll do anything about the front wheel/tire. There's definitely things around here that I think I'd roll over easier with a larger diameter front. Still waiting on the Stinko rear tire to arrive.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
aai
DAMN Expert
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by aai » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Twist wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:10 am

Just mount a fake set of peddles and you will be all good.

Image

If I get in any trouble I'm going to tell them that you said this was OK.
VIRGINIA'S E-BIKE LAW for the ROAD
e-bikes are defined as "electric powered assisted bicycles." so long as the e-bikes motor is under 1,000w, has a maximum speed of 25mph and has OPERABLE pedals. The SAME rules of the road apply to both e-bikes and human powered bicycles.
e-bikes are not subject to the registration licensing or insurance requirements that apply to motor vehicles.
-----
I believe you meet that criteria in EP mode Image
Trying to find out what the deal is in Maryland



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks,
Sonny
Husky FE 501
Beta Evo Sport 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
Bultaco Sherpa T

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 5705
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Bucho » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:11 pm

aai wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:28 pm
Twist wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:10 am

Just mount a fake set of peddles and you will be all good.

Image

If I get in any trouble I'm going to tell them that you said this was OK.
VIRGINIA'S E-BIKE LAW for the ROAD
e-bikes are defined as "electric powered assisted bicycles." so long as the e-bikes motor is under 1,000w, has a maximum speed of 25mph and has OPERABLE pedals. The SAME rules of the road apply to both e-bikes and human powered bicycles.
e-bikes are not subject to the registration licensing or insurance requirements that apply to motor vehicles.
-----
I believe you meet that criteria in EP mode Image
Trying to find out what the deal is in Maryland



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
A friend of mine lives in Fairfax VA. He has been thinking very strongly about a Surron. He would get the peddle kit just for legal purposes riding near his house.
Suzuki DR650
Yamaha WR250R
Beta Xtrainer
Sherco 290 trials

smdub
DAMN Expert
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by smdub » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:29 pm

FWIW, Surron EP mode is 3kW.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / '20 KTM 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX
For sale: 2016 Sherco 300 Factory

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Twist » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:30 am

smdub wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:29 pm
FWIW, Surron EP mode is 3kW.
As delivered with the signal wire circuit closed, it's speed limited to 30 mph but even then, in EP mode, I guess it's still a 3kW bike.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 3073
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Boom Boom » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 am

Just put some rainbow and peace stickers on it and the tree huggers will love you.....no troubles.
2018 Montesa 300rr
Beta TR35 (garage queen)

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Twist » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:33 am

I'm doing almost all my riding on private land anyway so not too worried about it. There's a great little 1 acre parcel across the street from me that I partially own along with a few surrounding homes that is a perfect little trials training area. I never rode my Beta in there because I didn't want the neighbors to think I was tearing the place up with my "dirt bike." I've been going in there every day on the Sur Ron and all my neighbors have seen it and think it's pretty cool.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

Jtrobb
DAMN Wanabe
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Jtrobb » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Do like I did. Got all the neighbors used to the e-motorcycle then switched it up to a quiet 4t gas bike now run the 2 stroke bikes and they don't even notice.


Jason

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests