I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 pm I have the FastAce shock on mine. Uses the same spring ID as RockShox. Was a PITA getting the original spring off, but put a 250# one on for the kid (he's a whopping 70#). He can get some sag and action with it now. I adjusted the perch a little slack to drop the bike further too.
Just need to make him a new seat and get some knobbies for the 17" wheels. I'm thinking Shinko 546 70/100-17s. Trying the keep the diameter down to 22.5".
Resizer_16131795812470.jpg
Mine came with the RST Killah forks and the FastAce shock. I haven't ridden it enough yet but I'm guessing that the light trail rides I'll be doing this winter will be fine for now. My daughter weighs about 100 lbs and hoping it'll be fine for her as well even if she gets rambunctious on it.

Good to know about the same spring as RockShox.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Twist wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 pm
aai wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:47 am
Id bet you have a blast railing that thing at Gunners Run loop at Mountain Ridge Mike
I plan to find out Sonny. That's my daughter's favorite loop at Mountain ridge. I think she likes it because it's a fast paced trail :). We'll definitely take it with us when we come up there this spring. I think this bike would be a lot of fun back on the gnarlier rock gardens in the back.
last year was my first time ever there, Gunners was favorite loop, well the only loop I was playing in. John F made it interesting showing me his front wheel or rev the motor around the banks, had a blast. Plan to venture more out this time around now that I have an idea. Caught you guys thread at the other forum, I have a pair of those 2200 watt honda generators that I will throw in my bike trailer. Consider me you alls Mall charging station :lol2:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

A question for my fellow Sur Ron owners - does anyone know what this connector is for that's laying there all lonesome without a mate under the seat?

It looks like a place to plug in something useful?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Carpet in garage?
Or bike in house?
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Not sure, but I think that connector is for more rear lights of some sort? I have seen pics of them with a larger tail light and blinkers. Mine came with the DNM shock and RST forks -
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I found some info on a GPS tracker that is included on the bikes in Europe. I can't find anything about how to purchase it here but apparently it requires a SIM card.

Bruce, that's an old cheap rug that was in my wife's apartment about 25 years ago before we got married. It stayed rolled up in storage for most of that time until I decided I was tired of kneeling on the concrete. Rather than throw it out it went on the garage floor. So, nothing is too good for my bikes which are parked on a Persian rug. :cheers:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I have the same connector under the seat. I've always figured it was for the euro version w/ blinkers. There are a lot of unused wires in the main harness and connector.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The one cheesy/bad design on the Sur Ron are those little plastic rivets they use. I got some 5mm plastic rivets (ones that hold the under seat tray on) today off Amazon. They fit perfect in the holes! Way better and easier to get off so you can remove the seat if you want to.

You can see the new one on the right, old ones on the left.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

You only ever have to take them off once. Drill two holes in the rear plastic so you can get on the two rear seat bolts. Got mine out easily w/ a pocket knife. Notch the front makes it easier too. Never have to take it off again.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I broke a couple of them getting them out, so these are perfect replacements. I shouldn't have to go back under there, but atleast it is easy now. They are using these plastic rivets more and more on bikes. The T7 has quite a few on the tupperware.
Lots of cool bikes---