No Not Again

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
smdub
DAMN Expert
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: No Not Again

Post by smdub » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:36 am

That looks great! Thanks for the good pics of the process.
I've tig-ed in a t-shirt many times but never w/o gloves. Not sure how he stands that. He's tougher than me for sure:)
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 KTM 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / '15 OSET 20.0R (kid's)
For sale: 2016 Sherco 300 Factory

User avatar
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: No Not Again

Post by Firebolter » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:06 am

Nice job, looks factory fresh! Welding is an art. Nothing I like better than a sweet bead done by hand.That's why I could sit and stare at my TM for hours, all hand welded frames, so pretty!
Lots of cool bikes---

User avatar
Granville
DAMN Expert
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:13 am
Contact:

Re: No Not Again

Post by Granville » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:26 am

smdub wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:36 am
That looks great! Thanks for the good pics of the process.
I've tig-ed in a t-shirt many times but never w/o gloves. Not sure how he stands that. He's tougher than me for sure:)
I expected to be in and out of his shop in 30-minutes. Larry spent over 2-hours on it. I think the extra steel plate he used to reinforce was in consideration of him being a hardcore rider himself. Larry looks like he is in his 40s he is in his 60s. He owned his on welding shop before selling the business and opening an adventure dirtbike riding business in Thailand. He comes back to the states and help his brother's fabricating business. Larry and his bro are working to place a full size Mig jet on a pedestal for billionaire's private island. Larry won't take a dime from me for his welding job.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.

User avatar
Granville
DAMN Expert
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:13 am
Contact:

Re: No Not Again

Post by Granville » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 am

Firebolter wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:06 am
Nice job, looks factory fresh! Welding is an art. Nothing I like better than a sweet bead done by hand.That's why I could sit and stare at my TM for hours, all hand welded frames, so pretty!
I am with you on that. That plate that was added was rolled to fit the back edge. Fit like a glove.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.

User avatar
Granville
DAMN Expert
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:13 am
Contact:

Re: No Not Again

Post by Granville » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Bucho wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:24 pm
Nice! Ready to go
She did just fine and in one piece.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3826
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: No Not Again

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Granville wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:28 pm
Bucho wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:24 pm
Nice! Ready to go
She did just fine and in one piece.
:thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests