I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Firebolter »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:03 pm
Firebolter wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:53 pm That looks like some sweet wood they used for the stalls! That will come in nice for a few projects in there for sure.
Planning to use a lot of it for building an enduro training loop. I've got a bunch of big trees (logs) and busted up concrete for obstacles.
Sounds like a good project when you have time. I know some dudes that will come over and help ;)
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Did some riding at Taskers gap/Peters Mill this weekend. After riding the good stuff in the morning, met a beginner friend after lunch for his first foray into dirt. I brought the little TTR125LE along for him and we rode all the way out to the Peters Mill parking lot and back (~12mi). He hit a rock somewhere on the way back. Looked like it just bent in one side of the rim and it was still holding air so no problem. I took a better look at it today. Yikes! Not only is the rim bent inwards on that side (fairly easy fix) but it twisted about 1/4 of it which pulled it WAY over(not easy to fix). :censored:
20201110_162249.jpg
This pic is from before I removed spoke tension. It got worse.
20201110_163654.jpg
I introduced the wheel to Mr Sledgehammer today and got it at least reasonable. I'll give it another go w/ my bigger hammer tomorrow (need to be able to stand on it and 'thump' more persuasively.)

If I can't get it any better I found these while digging out my tire irons. Turns out the Sur-Ron uses the same rim size. I have two of those left over from lacing bigger wheels onto the SurRon. Both are 36 hole. What are the odds? Doubt the alloy is as strong as a ProWheel or Excel rim but they are free. Will give the bigger hammer a chance before I punt and try to lace one of these up.
20201110_162611.jpg
The TTR still has orig child-sized fork springs. Those bottom pretty easy w/ an adult riding it so surely that didn't help this situation. I'll order the BBR springs and try to avoid having to do this a 2nd time.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

TTR is a great bike for a noob buddy.

Glad you had a free rim laying around.
smdub wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:18 pm Did some riding at Taskers gap/Peters Mill this weekend. After riding the good stuff in the morning, met a beginner friend after lunch for his first foray into dirt. I brought the little TTR125LE along for him and we rode all the way out to the Peters Mill parking lot and back (~12mi). He hit a rock somewhere on the way back. Looked like it just bent in one side of the rim and it was still holding air so no problem. I took a better look at it today. Yikes! Not only is the rim bent inwards on that side (fairly easy fix) but it twisted about 1/4 of it which pulled it WAY over(not easy to fix). :censored:
20201110_162249.jpg
This pic is from before I removed spoke tension. It got worse.
20201110_163654.jpg
I introduced the wheel to Mr Sledgehammer today and got it at least reasonable. I'll give it another go w/ my bigger hammer tomorrow (need to be able to stand on it and 'thump' more persuasively.)

If I can't get it any better I found these while digging out my tire irons. Turns out the Sur-Ron uses the same rim size. I have two of those left over from lacing bigger wheels onto the SurRon. Both are 36 hole. What are the odds? Doubt the alloy is as strong as a ProWheel or Excel rim but they are free. Will give the bigger hammer a chance before I punt and try to lace one of these up.
20201110_162611.jpg

The TTR still has orig child-sized fork springs. Those bottom pretty easy w/ an adult riding it so surely that didn't help this situation. I'll order the BBR springs and try to avoid having to do this a 2nd time.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:53 pm That looks like some sweet wood they used for the stalls! That will come in nice for a few projects in there for sure.
Planning to use a lot of it for building an enduro training loop. I've got a bunch of big trees (logs) and busted up concrete for obstacles.
Let me know. I'll bring a chainsaw and a shovel to help.

I could bring the buggy to help drag heavy stuff around, but I think you have a tractor.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:52 pm
Let me know. I'll bring a chainsaw and a shovel to help.

I could bring the buggy to help drag heavy stuff around, but I think you have a tractor.
👍
I'm looking forward to having a DAMN gathering or three at the house next spring!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:57 pm I'm looking forward to having a DAMN gathering or three at the house next spring!
Wingfixer's Casa aka Barton East!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Is this in Jersey or WV or :shrug:
Yes, I have a small tractor :deal:
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:44 am Is this in Jersey or WV or :shrug:
Yes, I have a small tractor :deal:
Rising Sun, MD.
I also have a small Kubota but might be re-aquiring Ken's old Kubota from my Dad. But, the more the merrier!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Brakes and a wheel bearing on the GTI. All 4 wheel bearings crapped out within 10k miles, the passenger rear being the last to go.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
beejaytee
aka Heather

What did you work on today?

Post by beejaytee »

I thought I posted in the wrong spot so now the trailer post is under its own post. I’m still learning how to internet.
Last edited by beejaytee on Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.