I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by gots_a_sol »

This thing came with an MSO that says offroad use only, so will see if WV will give me tags on it as you can now tag atvs and sxs here. It was only $300 so I could probably part it out and be ahead of the game if nothing else.

I was looking over this thing last night and it still had a paper trail pass from Rausch Creek looped around the clutch cable. From 2002.

This is what the gas was like in the the bottom of the tank.

I would like to snag a WR450F but DAMN do people want some money for those things.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Lots of RFS KTM's on Marketplace.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

gots_a_sol wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:03 pm This thing came with an MSO that says offroad use only, so will see if WV will give me tags on it as you can now tag atvs and sxs here. It was only $300 so I could probably part it out and be ahead of the game if nothing else.

I was looking over this thing last night and it still had a paper trail pass from Rausch Creek looped around the clutch cable. From 2002.

This is what the gas was like in the the bottom of the tank.

I would like to snag a WR450F but DAMN do people want some money for those things.
I might be interested in that DRZ if you can get it tagged/street titled in WV. My older brother was interested in doing a little dualsporting with me. For a once a year trip, something cheap would be nice.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I moved the washer/dryer from a nook in the kitchen to the addition I built. I finally patched the holes in the walls from the washer outlet box and the dryer vent and painted the nook. The plan was to put the chest freezer in there instead of the basement and then fill in the rest of the space with a shelf or cabinet that would hold the Kitchen Aid mixer and a few other kitchen appliances we don't use often.

A friend gave me a 3' piece of granite counter top that I cut down to 21" yesterday with a diamond blade for the circular saw. Today, I built a shelf to hold it and installed it in the space. It just needs painted now.

I also finished patching the holes in the main bathroom ceiling from removing the sky light and moving the bathroom vent fan. I took the old linoleum up off the floor and installed some vinyl tile flooring identical to what I put down in the master bathroom. Once I paint that bathroom and do the baseboards, I'll take a picture of it and post it up.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Here's a picture of the bathroom floor. I did the baseboards today and painted the ceiling. My wife has to paint the walls still.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Pulled the little TTR125LE out yesterday to pack in the van to take to Mountain Ridge this weekend. Made sure it started up and rode it around a little to see if everything worked. Happened to look down and notice something wasn't right w/ the front brake. Why is it moving around like that... Yikes!
20201022_170011_r800.jpg
Turns out the coworker who rode it last, crashed it (I knew this), bent the crap out of the rotor, and cracked the caliper mount clean in half. We missed the damage until now. So I took it apart and had an unplanned late welding session last night. The problem was fixturing it. I could hold it together w/ my fingers but had a HECK of a time getting a clamp on it. There was enough cursing the wife even came out in the garage to see what what up :frustrated:
20201022_213519_r800.jpg
After many frustrating attempts at getting some tack welds on it AND keeping it straight (enough), I was able to grind out a deep V and weld it up fully. Could only get to three sides so I went thick and added a lot of extra material to beef it up. Its now at least twice as thick there. After some grinding and filing to get all the slots back to dimension I then had to bore a hole for the little metal shield to clip back in. But it all looked like it would work. Put the caliper back on this morning and the pins still slide so must not have gotten it too crooked. Good enough for me to ride and test it tomorrow when we're out w/ the kids. :thumbup:
20201022_231025_r800.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

weekend weather looking good for your family ride.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:10 am weekend weather looking good for your family ride.
Was supposed to be good weather. Forecast changed in the evening to be cold, rainy, and windy on Sat :frustrated: And REALLY cold and windy Sat night. Anyway, we woke up to cold dense fog on Sat but toughed it out.

Wind turbine in the fog. Could hear the blades but can't see them.
20201024_073643_r640.jpg
We rode for a couple hrs w/ the wife and kids before lunch. Wife broke the SurRon. Not her fault it literally just shut off while we were stopped. No lights, no dash, no nothing. I did some basic trouble shooting but it smelled a little which is never a good sign. I was riding the TTR (always a good idea to bring the backup bike) and convinced her she could ride it back while Billy towed me on the SurRon back to the road. She did ok w/ the clutch. Went SOOOO much better w/ e-start than her only other clutch experience on a finicky kick-only XR100. She rode it the rest of the day and got better. Still not shifting while moving but not stalling from a stop much either. Excellent progress IMO and she enjoyed herself.
PA240060_r640.JPG
My buddy brought his daughter out for the first time to a real trail. She's still learning on the 'green bean' we bought from JTRobb. Was great to see them ride together. Means the world to him. My kid also rode green bean some and REALLY liked it. Has less grunt than his OSET but better top speed. Both kids had a ball.
PA240071_r640.JPG
We all went to the Flight 93 memorial after we left Sun.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sounds like a "win" weekend even if weather was not so good.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Very cool Stephen, always great to ride w/ the fam
smdub wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:40 pm
Boom Boom wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:10 am weekend weather looking good for your family ride.
Was supposed to be good weather. Forecast changed in the evening to be cold, rainy, and windy on Sat :frustrated: And REALLY cold and windy Sat night. Anyway, we woke up to cold dense fog on Sat but toughed it out.

Wind turbine in the fog. Could hear the blades but can't see them.
20201024_073643_r640.jpg

We rode for a couple hrs w/ the wife and kids before lunch. Wife broke the SurRon. Not her fault it literally just shut off while we were stopped. No lights, no dash, no nothing. I did some basic trouble shooting but it smelled a little which is never a good sign. I was riding the TTR (always a good idea to bring the backup bike) and convinced her she could ride it back while Billy towed me on the SurRon back to the road. She did ok w/ the clutch. Went SOOOO much better w/ e-start than her only other clutch experience on a finicky kick-only XR100. She rode it the rest of the day and got better. Still not shifting while moving but not stalling from a stop much either. Excellent progress IMO and she enjoyed herself.
PA240060_r640.JPG

My buddy brought his daughter out for the first time to a real trail. She's still learning on the 'green bean' we bought from JTRobb. Was great to see them ride together. Means the world to him. My kid also rode green bean some and REALLY liked it. Has less grunt than his OSET but better top speed. Both kids had a ball.
PA240071_r640.JPG

We all went to the Flight 93 memorial after we left Sun.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200