I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Laoch »

I only bend stuff when crash hard :deal:
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I did some more work on the sunporch today. The goal is to make it an enclosed conditioned space that will be my new laundry room and mud/entry room. The whole floor will be the level of the OSB floor you see built so far. I'm totally re-siding and re-roofing the house, so don't worry about the sheathing and house wrap not going all the way up under the existing gable siding. It will be corrected.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I wish I was a little more handy. Some of you guys are pretty impressive.

Nice pup Jed.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Bucho wrote:I wish I was a little more handy. Some of you guys are pretty impressive.

Nice pup Jed.
X2

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Bucho wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:25 pm I wish I was a little more handy. Some of you guys are pretty impressive.

Nice pup Jed.

That's Ashes. He's one from the first litter we had. We have him, his father, and a 2 year old black lab. We just loaned out the lab to a friend to breed with her lab mix and it sounds like we're getting a puppy from that litter. I'd like to cut back to 1 or 2 dogs as they die off, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Woodshop 2.0 has taken a while to get to this point but I achieved IOC yesterday! I got the dust system plumbed to the table saw and jointer. I upgraded the ducting when I reinstalled the cyclone and what a difference! I'm loving it. I still have a lot of work to do.

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice. When you taking orders? I need a coat/hat rack bench thingy.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Very nice. When I get a better table saw, it will be a Saw Stop. If I have a nice enough shop, I'll do a dust collection system as well. I'm tired of taking the saws outside to cut if I want to avoid dust in the shop.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

juddspaintballs wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:24 amWhen I get a better table saw, it will be a Saw Stop.
*F* SawStop w/ a rusty auger bit. No argument that it works and is safer but...... owner tried to get the CPSC to legislate his solution into a legal monopoly. When that didn't work he pushed for the companies that didn't license his tech (which was ALL of them) to be sued by users who got hurt. IMO the dude is a total scumbag. I'll never give that dude a dime. :censored:
FWIW, There are competing technologies now. Wirlwhind and Reaxx (though the later got stopped by a patent infringement suit) and they don't damage the blade. The earliest sawstop patents run out next year IIRC. There should be a flood of competitors soon.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:24 am Very nice. When I get a better table saw, it will be a Saw Stop. If I have a nice enough shop, I'll do a dust collection system as well. I'm tired of taking the saws outside to cut if I want to avoid dust in the shop.
wood dust is really bad for your lungs. At least wear a dust mask.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris