I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:50 am A friend gave me an older Craftsman riding mower without a deck. It has a lower end Briggs 20 HP motor. I'm attempting to make it work on the walk behind mower. The crankshaft is the right size and mounting holes are in the same spot, so it shouldn't be too difficult. The biggest issue to deal with will be the exhaust. I'm going to have to cut it up and weld in pieces until I can fit a muffler on it that doesn't interfere with the mower. Not a big deal, just more work. I looked up the motor code and the only other Briggs exhaust manifold part I can find is even more intrusive to the frame than the one that came on the riding mower.
Make some sweet stingers and flair them out to the sides of the handlebars! :loveit: :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Firebolter wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:21 pm jeeeez the hours I spent on my old "Orange Crate". I would love to have my old bike. Cool deal.
Still have mine! Pea Picker
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Mounted my bender and made my first ever bends. I’m happy with the results. Now onto the lower bar and the stinger. But first some temporary mounts. Oh I also made a veggie garden and moved some shrubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

I'm Jelly, I have wanted a good tubing bender fro some time, just haven't had a project that would warrant one. That and the cost of dies adds up quick.

Jason
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I was the same way. About ten years ago I tried doing a cage for a VW bug with the HF pipe bender. It worked but looks like hell and the bends are not over 20-30*. I intend to redo that when this ones done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Did a little trailwork. Made a corduroy over a muddy section.

Also gave my 650 some love. Valve adjustment, oil change etc...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

The only muddy section I recall is at the back of the field.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:59 am The only muddy section I recall is at the back of the field.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Ill show you
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Nice on the bender. Now go to HF and get an air over hydro ram and mount it with the SWAG kit. Life is amazing once you do, especially if doing large degree bends. Plus then you can put it on wheels and move it around.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Haha, wonder how many people on here have a JD2 bender. Haven't used mine in ages since I'm not doing roll cages anymore. I actually have a Hossfeld hydraulic w/ a metric chitton of dies squirreled away in storage that I've never actually used.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee