I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Local wheel builders?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
drewbird911

Re: Local wheel builders?

Post by drewbird911 »

I went to RAM in Gaithersburg and they ordered and mounted the tires (AVON Distenza's) for me. Very easy to deal with and the had it ready right away. They tweeked a few things while they were at it, I assume for the test ride i.e. idle speed. So quite now and so much smoother with out the Chin Sing's knobbies. I recommend then, and they gave me a ride to the Subway as well.

Thanks for the recommendation!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

drewbird911 wrote:I went to RAM in Gaithersburg and they ordered and mounted the tires (AVON Distenza's) for me. Very easy to deal with and the had it ready right away. They tweeked a few things while they were at it, I assume for the test ride i.e. idle speed. So quite now and so much smoother with out the Chin Sing's knobbies. I recommend then, and they gave me a ride to the Subway as well.

Thanks for the recommendation!
That is good news. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Now you have bring out the XT semimotard w/ us for the next motard outing.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
drewbird911

Post by drewbird911 »

Semi-Being the keyword. I am very much a noob. Just took the MSF, only >1,000 miles under my belt. So I doubt I could keep up with you all. But thanks for the invitation, I have yet to go off road, dirt road. But I do like the AVON's and they are almost broken in so I'll be dabbling in the dirt soon. The first trip I had planned was way out River Road to White's Ferry.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

River Road is a nice dirt road. West Old Baltimore also has a few sections of dirt including a small water crossing. There are also a couple of dirtroads around Sugarloaf Mtn and dont forget the fun switch back road up and down the Mtn itself.
Was there a few weeks ago and had to help some Harley guy pick up his roadking that he dropped in the first hairpin.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Bucho wrote:River Road is a nice dirt road. West Old Baltimore also has a few sections of dirt including a small water crossing. There are also a couple of dirtroads around Sugarloaf Mtn and dont forget the fun switch back road up and down the Mtn itself.
Was there a few weeks ago and had to help some Harley guy pick up his roadking that he dropped in the first hairpin.
Holy Harley Smokes! Sugar Loaf Mountain used to have a sign out front stating "No Motorcycles". Has that changed?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

No the sign is still there. But it doesn't seem very enforcable to me. Who is gonna write you a ticket for riding your motorbike on the road? I just don't see how that would hold up in court.
I think its privately owned. I can make up whatever rules I want for my private property but that doesnt mean the cops will enforce them for me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I spoke to a caretaker there -- basically, it's there to discourage groups of bikes. Apparently they had trouble with the colors-flying HD gang doods partying up there, running off all the family type guests.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Sugarloaf is a cool little haven. I love hiking around there.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC