I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Getting ready for dual sporting

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Getting ready for dual sporting

Post by Laoch »

I like the d606s for general DS stuff. I did think the d606 front did not bite very well and is sketchy on gravel at speed. I guess that's why folks run the MT 21. The Husky has TKC 80s, meh, good for road and gravel. The front is also sketchy at times. The rear is ok. I run 16-18 psi. I won't swap until I wear the stockers out.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nobody wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:31 am

And, when you DO run into problems at KAT ride, there's always a pack of zip-ties :lol2:
zipties are always useful
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I don't remember what's on the front wheel. I don't think it's even DOT... On the rear I just bought a trakmaster as they worked for me in the past.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:06 am I've got d D606 front and a Motoz Tractionator GPS rear on the 1090. They're both at 38 PSI, but I'll experiment with slightly lower pressures at some point. It has tubeless wheels despite having spokes.
My 690 also has tubeless spoked wheels. I changed out the rear recently and forgot to look at how it works. I will endeavor to look when I change the front tire. Given my limited mental facilities I may never know how these things hold air...
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Well, I was wrong. I have a TKC 80 front. TKC 80's were stock on the bike. The front is still doing alright with over 5k on it, but the rear only lasted about 2500 miles. So far, this Motoz rear is holding up quite well to the horsepower, though.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:06 am I've got d D606 front and a Motoz Tractionator GPS rear on the 1090. They're both at 38 PSI, but I'll experiment with slightly lower pressures at some point. It has tubeless wheels despite having spokes.
My 1200GS has tubeless spoked wheels as well. I've got Michelin Wilds on it presently and for mostly street riding run them at 34 front, 36 rear. Off-road like my ride up near Marienville on those single tracks, I aired those down into the mid-20s. BMW is clever enough to turn off the TPMS alarm when I put the bike in Enduro Pro mode (no rear ABS and no traction or wheelie control).
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain