I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Joe's Beta thread

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: This is what you do with new bikes, right?

Post by Bucho »

Very cool Joe, can't wait to hear what you think of it.

I'm usually not too brand loyal, but I've become a little bit of a Beta fanboy. Its surprising that I don't have a BETA sweatshirt like Patrick...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I think he's got more of a Beta boner than a Beta sweatshirt
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I was looking REALLY hard at the new GasGas bikes. Just not enough folks with them yet to see how they are going to hold up.

So hey beta guys, where do you shop for oem parts? There are a couple small bits I'd like to pick up.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

gots_a_sol wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 pm I was looking REALLY hard at the new GasGas bikes. Just not enough folks with them yet to see how they are going to hold up.

So hey beta guys, where do you shop for oem parts? There are a couple small bits I'd like to pick up.
https://www.betamotorcycle.com/

I think I pasted that right. It should be a link to Sierra BMW BETA.
A shop way out in Nevada but they ship stuff right to your front door.
They have excellent customer service. They respond to emails and have got me parts that they didn't have listed on their site.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

gots_a_sol wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 pm I was looking REALLY hard at the new GasGas bikes. Just not enough folks with them yet to see how they are going to hold up.

Joe,
Call up Chad at Xtreme power sports in Oakland Md. he is a Beta dealer and will take care of you.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Also Cyclemax in Gaithersburg Md is a Beta dealer. These are good guys. Tell Don or Mac I sent ya.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Any beta dealer is supposed to be able to drop ship stuff to your door and it seems like they are all able to offer the same prices on OEM stuff. That said, I've gotten so accustomed to online ordering so I've done sierra too since they've got an online setup.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

AOMC.com has been my go to for plastics and some other bits. The sites already posted here are all good too, as well as rockymountain. More and more places are carrying beta parts.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Thanks. I ordered a bunch of stuff from rocky mountain which is trickling in already.

Neither Sierra or AOMC had all the oem stuff I wanted in one spot, so I split up the order between them. Only con to AOMC is that since they are in WV, I got hit with sales tax :dry:

I called Sierra yesterday about the part I needed that they didn't have in their online store and they said they would call me back but never did which was a bummer/not a great first impression. I'll let it slide as apparently the Beta parts guy was off that day.

Oh and ugh, I forgot how expensive it was to set up a fresh bike. Kind of glad I didn't swing for a brand new bike, it would have just had to sit around and wait for me to come up with more money first :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

This is why you tear down used bikes :censored: :censored: :censored:

Needless to say I was pretty god DAMN something. I dunno what. I literally couldn't see straight so I just closed up the garage and crashed on the couch and watched a movie.

It wouldn't take long to grind it clean and reweld, but I had read that Beta USA had replaced frames for folks before, so I figured I had nothing to lose by shooting off an email.

This is the response I got today.

I called Cyclemax late today but the guy I needed to talk to was busy. Hopefully they call me back tomorrow.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0