Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
User avatar
Glenduro
DAMN Expert
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:45 am
Contact:

Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Glenduro » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Any of you guys heard of or are interested in a Co-Op community garage where we can hang out and work on our bikes?
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 8890
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Rut Row » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Glenduro wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 pm
Any of you guys heard of or are interested in a Co-Op community garage where we can hang out and work on our bikes?
Junior runs one...unofficially :killingme:

I frequently help Bucho and others but currently my air compressor is down so the lift doesn't work.
Ken
2019 Mystery Bike; EM Escape? Harley Road King? :shrug:
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Wingfixer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Rut Row wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm
Glenduro wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 pm
Any of you guys heard of or are interested in a Co-Op community garage where we can hang out and work on our bikes?
Junior runs one...unofficially :killingme:

I frequently help Bucho and others but currently my air compressor is down so the lift doesn't work.
My upright is languishing in storage. You are welcome to it, if you need a loaner.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 8890
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Rut Row » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Wingfixer wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:57 pm
Rut Row wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm
Glenduro wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 pm
Any of you guys heard of or are interested in a Co-Op community garage where we can hang out and work on our bikes?
Junior runs one...unofficially :killingme:

I frequently help Bucho and others but currently my air compressor is down so the lift doesn't work.
My upright is languishing in storage. You are welcome to it, if you need a loaner.
bring it by next time you head this way :deal:
Ken
2019 Mystery Bike; EM Escape? Harley Road King? :shrug:
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 4439
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Bucho » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Rut Row wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

I frequently help Bucho and others but currently my air compressor is down so the lift doesn't work.
Speaking of which, I"ll give you a call/text...
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 4439
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Bucho » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Glenduro wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 pm
Any of you guys heard of or are interested in a Co-Op community garage where we can hang out and work on our bikes?
Its an interesting idea. Im sure there are some of us who don't have any garage space.
And others like me who suck at wrenching and often lean on others a bit.
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Wingfixer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Rut Row wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm
Wingfixer wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:57 pm
Rut Row wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm
Glenduro wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 pm
Any of you guys heard of or are interested in a Co-Op community garage where we can hang out and work on our bikes?
Junior runs one...unofficially :killingme:

I frequently help Bucho and others but currently my air compressor is down so the lift doesn't work.
My upright is languishing in storage. You are welcome to it, if you need a loaner.
bring it by next time you head this way :deal:
Will do...maybe I'll bring "The Cube" out that way to deliver it!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

zjcoombs
DAMN n00b
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by zjcoombs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pm

I am in the process of building my 22x24 shop/garage and would be happy to host, or go anywhere else there’s a hangout or need for another person to tell you that you’re doing it wrong 🤣


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Nobody
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Nobody » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 pm

anyone in DC area? ;)
I'm working on my bike in the open parking lot, no garage for me :(
luckily it rains less here than in my home land :)
Every day is a good day when you ride

User avatar
Glenduro
DAMN Expert
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:45 am
Contact:

Re: Co-Op / Membership Community Garage-Work Shop

Post by Glenduro » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 pm

I'm close to DC and hate working on my bike or anything for that matter when its cold, below 45 or raining.
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests