I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Installing Heated Grips

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Installing Heated Grips

Post by Bucho »

I've had this Concours almost a year and a half. I use it primarily for a 40 mile (one way) commute, most of it highway, so 70-80 mph the whole way. No, I don't commute every single day in the winter. But I still ride most of the season.

Why did I wait so long to install some heated grips?

But then again why aren't heated grips an industry standard on ALL bikes? (except for maybe race bikes...)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Installing Heated Grips

Post by Wingfixer »

Now that you have them, how do you like 'em? They made a world of difference for me on the C14, I couldn't ride in nearly as cold a temps with out them. As for why they don't come stock? I like to tell myself that that way I can choose what type I want and how everything is to be installed - yeah that's the ticket.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I like 'em but I haven't taken a real ride w/ them yet.

I used to have them on my old late 90's BMW, and since I used to have them, I did know what I was missing.

Out of all the fancy gadgety stuff they put on the new Connie14 I was appalled they didn't add heated grips!!!! I know most American riders are pussies who only ride on 70 degree Sunday afternoons, but they could at least be a factory option for those who want them.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I hate farkling bikes, I just want to ride the durn thing.

I know to some people almost enjoy farkling more then riding. And will out fit their KLR for a trip to Patagonia and never ride it further then 100 miles from home.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:I know to some people almost enjoy farkling more then riding. And will out fit their KLR for a trip to Patagonia and never ride it further then 100 miles from home.
Posers... but then in their defence, a KLR is so UGLY you just have to farkle it! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

That wasn't a reference to you Ken, you have ridden your bike up to the Hudson Bay, and have actually ridden some real offroad with it. (and wrecked the heck out of it too).
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:That wasn't a reference to you Ken, you have ridden your bike up to the Hudson Bay, and have actually ridden some real offroad with it. (and wrecked the heck out of it too).
Kyler + KLR = :gdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:I hate farkling bikes, I just want to ride the durn thing.

I know to some people almost enjoy farkling more then riding. And will out fit their KLR for a trip to Patagonia and never ride it further then 100 miles from home.
I agree, I do like farkling, when it is too cold to ride, but I enjoy riding them far better. Speaking of which, I just got the Clarke and new radiator put on the DRZ tonight and took it for a good long test ride just to prove everything works right. I think I am going to like the range outta the new tank and the weight savings up high when the fuel gets down a little. So, when we gonna go ride ?!?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Do you only have knobbies for your DRZ? I thought I remember you saying you have a streetable set of tires too.

I've been itching to put the motard wheels back on the DR for some backroad/dirtroad riding.

Its fraggin snowing here in Frederick at the moment.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Yeah, I have two sets of wheels for it, one with the knobbies and one set with the oem deathwings on them. I have been trying to wear out the deathwings so I can put something a little better on it. They aren't bad on the street but I want to try the Avon Distanza's.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.