I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

650 Honda

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
YAMPOL
DAMN Wanabe

650 Honda

Post by YAMPOL »

I recently bought an NX650. Seems to run ok, but the clutch will not engage, so I can't ride it yet. It has been sitting for about four years and I know clutches sometimes stick, but I can't seem to get this free. Anybody have any ideas before I remove the clutch cover?

Thanks,

YAMPOL :shrug:
Retired and loving it!
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: 650 Honda

Post by Marylander »

If it was me and I thought there was an issue with the clutch I would just take it apart and see. Clutches are so easy to work on that even someone stupidly lazy like me will just go ahead and check it out directly... Just saying... ;)
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Does the lever feel like you are pulling the springs in?
If yes I'd make sure I was pointed in a safe direction & kick it into gear while holding the lever in & the revs up a bit :lol2:
If that dosen't work & I don't hurt myself I'd take it apart. :shrug:
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

How does the lever feel when pulled?

Have you tried starting it and letting it run for awhile? Sometimes a little heat and oil will free it up. I'd try that before taking apart.
YAMPOL
DAMN Wanabe

Post by YAMPOL »

Clutch feels pretty good and I have had other bikes that you just drop into gear and then they are fine. I tryed this once and no go. Ran the motor for a short period yesterday. Was thinking about setting up a box fan and letting it run longer. Might give that a try. It has been since the 70's since I have worked on a clutch, but might have to give this one a try. I will know more Saturday.
Retired and loving it!