I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Heidenau K73 Supermoto Motorcycle Tire

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Heidenau K73 Supermoto Motorcycle Tire

Post by Rut Row »

I'm seriously leaning towards a set of the Heidenau K73 Supermoto Motorcycle Tires for my FZ-09 Adventure.

the front size is identical to what is on it now -- 120/70-17. The rear is a 160/60-17 versus the stock 180/55-17.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Heidenau K73 Supermoto Motorcycle Tire

Post by Marylander »

The beads on the 160 will stay seated on the wheel? Do they give a range of acceptable wheel sizes for that particular tire? I wonder how much it would flatten out the profile.
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

According to Heidenau specs acceptable rim width is 3.75-5.00. Measuring rim width is 4.50. You're going to be pushing it Ken. Specs are here download from the list right side of page.

You may want to consider the Conti TKC or Michelin T63. Chances of sudden pressure loss are high with an undersize tire and the power of the FZ-09. And of course it'll never happen in the driveway.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:According to Heidenau specs acceptable rim width is 3.75-5.00. Measuring rim width is 4.50. You're going to be pushing it Ken. Specs are here download from the list right side of page.

You may want to consider the Conti TKC or Michelin T63. Chances of sudden pressure loss are high with an undersize tire and the power of the FZ-09. And of course it'll never happen in the driveway.
Good info - the Michelin T63 doesn't come in a 17" front

BUT ... just found out that the Continental Conti Trail Attack 2 comes in the right sizes. Need to study that.

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Kyler wrote:Image
Look like Supermoto trials tires :lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

J&J wrote:
Kyler wrote:Image
Look like Gay Supermoto trials tires :lol2:
fixed :hi5:
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I think you can mix and match tires, if you like that front.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Gotta remember 'tard tires don't live long at all on pavement. Maybe 1K miles,pretty much racing tires.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:Gotta remember 'tard tires don't live long at all on pavement. Maybe 1K miles,pretty much racing tires.
yup - and that makes the Trail Attack look even better. the TKCs I had didn't wear all that well but the gripped well on dirt and pavement
Ken