I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

rakluse

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

rakluse

Post by Junior »

Thinking about putting one in the 450. Just want to get some feed back on how it helped you or your bike? Does it make the bike run any hotter? My hope is it helps in rock gardens and up hills?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Re: rakluse

Post by Pa_trailrider »

I would go for it I love mine just get one that the clutch still works like normal.
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

It will help your Husky a lot. Your 450 is a quick reving engine and does not lug as well as a KTM of the same size. It will eliminate stalling and allows you to ride a gear high thru the rock gardens to slip a bit more and tame down power to the ground. With the recluse you can just ride and not need to cover the clutch so a big help when tired. Like Gary said the benefit of the Core 2 or 3 auto clutch is you still have your clutch. Nice if on a hill and need a good launch start. You can still feather the clutch with RPM up and dump when your are ready. Old ball bearing style you need to reply on clutch hook up and engine power delivery. This was a problem more with 2 stroke that make no bottom grunt. They would just moan till enough power was spooled up then normally your would break traction. Can't think it will make the bike run hotter, you can let the bike idle more in tight stuff and let the clutch work vs feathering the clutch and higher engine RPM that would make the engine heat quicker. If you don't like it you can always sell for half or better of purchase so the risk / investment is not that great and odds are you might find a used one for half of new. I know Big Bird will not agree with me on this but I do not recommend doing the left hand rear brake. I like being able to pull the clutch and cut off power to the rear wheel. The thought of my throttle getting pulled and no way to cut power to the rear wheel is nothing I want to have happen.
My Sherco has the Core 3 on it and fine adjustment can be done on the fly from the clutch slave cylinder they supply....sooo easy.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I love the exp 2 rekluse in 00 kx250. It's not unusual for me to just put it in 3rd gear and leave it there for long periods. ;) So forgiving of poor gear selection, or not hitting a hill hard enough (makes the kx more tractor-like), or falling over (stalling), etc. Just more forgiving overall. That's my casual rider review.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I don't have one.

However, Sam/BigBird has one on ALL his bikes. I've spent some time on most of his bikes. It does make things easier. Will be a lot less abuse to your left forearm in the tough stuff.
I've also been impressed with how they seem to hold up. Sam abuses the crap out of his. His KTM200 is geared tall and he will run a gear (or two) high. I feel like his clutch should be burning out every other ride but it holds up pretty well.

I might get one someday.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:I don't have one.

However, Sam/BigBird has one on ALL his bikes. I've spent some time on most of his bikes. It does make things easier. Will be a lot less abuse to your left forearm in the tough stuff.
I've also been impressed with how they seem to hold up. Sam abuses the crap out of his. His KTM200 is geared tall and he will run a gear (or two) high. I feel like his clutch should be burning out every other ride but it holds up pretty well.

I might get one someday.
You had one! :amazon:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Boom Boom wrote:I know Big Bird will not agree with me on this but I do not recommend doing the left hand rear brake. I like being able to pull the clutch and cut off power to the rear wheel. The thought of my throttle getting pulled and no way to cut power to the rear wheel is nothing I want to have happen.
My Sherco has the Core 3 on it and fine adjustment can be done on the fly from the clutch slave cylinder they supply....sooo easy.

I was running the lhrb on my Husky for a while and you can grab that brake lever and at least slow down your inevitable death long enough to push the kill button or something :ride:

Another thing to consider with the lhrb is if you jump on a bike without one. I tried to ride off the side of a mountain down at Hatfield doing such a thing. One bike that lever slows you down and on the other it pulls the clutch in resulting in no slowing down at all :lol2:

I currently don't have either the lhrb or clutch installed. It made me super lazy with my riding. I'm having a lot of fun with the manual clutch again (although I did put one of those Magura hydro conversions on it, so smooth).
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Try being used to a clutch on the left, then riding a Rekluse bike with a LHRB and reaching for the clutch when it's time to shift :flush:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

You figure that out pretty quickly actually. I only plowed through a dozen puddles I had wanted to wheelie through before I learned :harhar:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

You're smarter than me, Joe. On the way home the first time I used the rekluse I grabbed the shift lever in the truck and tried to shift it clutchless... ;) Before the rekluse I was a major clutch abuser.