I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

rakluse

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: rakluse

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: [You had one! :amazon:
Yes, my KTM came w/ one already installed. I took one short ride w/ it and then took it off and sold it the next week.I know most people would think that is absolutely crazy. But I feel I had two valid reasons for doing it.

1. Money. The bike also came w/ the stock clutch, so I made up $250 on the price of the bike. (I"m poor)

2. I"m not against having a recluse. BUT, I wanted to really learn how to use the clutch before using an auto clutch. Though I had lots of dirt experience riding a DR650, I didn't do much clutch work w/ a big torquey thumper.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Been riding open class MX bikes for decades and never saw the reasoning for one. Well that and $900 buys a lot of race gas and clutch plates.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

And besides all that... thay're gay like trials tires :poser: :amazon:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

J&J wrote:And besides all that... thay're gay like trials tires :poser: :amazon:
:killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Thanks for the input. Being fat and lazy can make the husky abit of a hand full in the rocks. Or maybe I should get in better shape :whip: :gdog:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote:Thanks for the input. Being fat and lazy can make the husky abit of a hand full in the rocks. Or maybe I should get in better shape :whip: :gdog:
This is no longer an accurate description of you. I can post photographic proof if you'd like.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

J&J wrote:And besides all that... thay're gay like trials tires :poser: :amazon:

For the record I've never said trials tires were gay. And I don't recall ever seeing you over Romiti's climbing that snotty rock filled hill. :roost:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

anotherguy wrote:

For the record I've never said trials tires were gay. And I don't recall ever seeing you over Romiti's climbing that snotty rock filled hill. :roost:
Well I didn't have dirtbikes then. Do you think a trials tire would work on my Roadglide? I did take it on a nasty road/trail leading from The Great Smokey Mountian National Forest over to the Dragon Tail once :lol2: Thats about when I started wanting a Dual Sport or an Adventure bike
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I'd say Harleys make bad dirt bikes....but did you ever see that youtube video of the dude on a 883 racing 450s on a MX track? It is freeking hilarious. Don't wanna be the dude passed by the Harley! :sobstory:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Jar944
DAMN n00b

Post by Jar944 »

I have installed the core EXP on two of my bikes (one being a cr500). I still use the clutch like normal.

I also hate the pro and old z start versions. I had two bikes come with them and promptly sold them off.