I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shop in frederick??

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Shop in frederick??

Post by Marylander »

Sounds like it could very well be hydrolocked. Meaning some gas got in there. So, yeah, take the spark plug out and if a bunch of gas comes out when you kick it that's probably your issue. I had that happen on an old concours (apparently not an uncommon problem on those bikes) although it's a bigger issue there as it's not kick. Thankfully nothing bent or broke before I realized what was going on...
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Of course, you'll change the oil if you find anything in the cylinder, right?
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
DirtyRooster
DAMN n00b

Post by DirtyRooster »

BillyGoat wrote:Of course, you'll change the oil if you find anything in the cylinder, right?

of course, every 3000 miles if it needs it or not ;-)

Had to work unexpectedly, can't wait to look at the bike tomorrow
DirtyRooster
DAMN n00b

Post by DirtyRooster »

pulled the plug yesterday, still wouldn't kick, frozen, I could probably jump on the kick starter if I wasn't afraid of damaging it or something inside.

Got stuck working again today, maybe I can take it in tomorrow
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

quit while you are ahead, you probably stuck a valve, meaning it is open and the piston is up against it and bent now so it wont ever go back and the piston cant go over TDC. If you dare pull the head but don't force it to turn over it will break more stuff.

otherwise to save money yank the engine yourself and take or send it to a pro or even a decent dealer (ouch)
DirtyRooster
DAMN n00b

Post by DirtyRooster »

Hare wrote:quit while you are ahead, you probably stuck a valve, meaning it is open and the piston is up against it and bent now so it wont ever go back and the piston cant go over TDC. If you dare pull the head but don't force it to turn over it will break more stuff.

otherwise to save money yank the engine yourself and take or send it to a pro or even a decent dealer (ouch)
Took it to randy Fastmann near whitetail last night. This was his assessment as well. Can't wait to get back on the trails!
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

Randy did work on my Crf250r. Consider getting the suspension done, money well spent.