I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

KTM Renazco Racing Seat

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

KTM Renazco Racing Seat

Post by Rut Row »

When I bought my '07 KTM 450EXC, it had an aftermarket seat installed made by Enduro Engineering. It wasn't tall enough and wasn't very comfortable. My #1 complaint was that my knees touched over the seat when standing. This made it very difficult to control the bike. I needed a new seat and I had been drooling over the Renazco Racing custom seat that Bucho has.

So months ago I called James Renazco and spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them describing my issues. He recommended the final size. The seat came last week and I installed it today. The quality between the EE and Renazco defies comparison -- it is very obvious that James is proud of his work and the seat shows it.

Here's a before and after shot to show the difference. The top photo is before and the bottom is after.

Here's another comparison. Notice how much wider the new seat is? Do the words "fat ass" come to mind? :lol8:

My last comparison shot showing the height difference.

On the bike stand, I can grip the seat exceptionally well. So far I'm very happy! Now to test it tomorrow at GR :roost:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: KTM Renazco Racing Seat

Post by Rut Row »

Test ride results - All I can say is WOW! :gdog:

Since the seat is taller, it is much easier to keep my elbows out while sitting which vast helps with control. Also, I don't have to move as far when standing up so my knees didn't get nearly as tired. :rickey:

And the wide seat is mucho more comfortable on my sensitive derriere! :brows:

But the best part is the control I now have of the bike by being able to actually grip it with my legs while standing - amazing. I felt very comfortable and in control whilst standing and blasting through the rock garden at GR. :thumbsup:

The long wait and the extra money for a quality seat was worth every penny! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Sssssaaaaaaweeet!

That looks pretty awesome. I've heard very good things about Renazco.
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Wow that looks good i need a wider seat to fit my ah wider seat.stock ktm seat and any ride over 30 miles = painful hykneeeeeee. :poser:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Daves08excr wrote:Wow that looks good i need a wider seat to fit my ah wider seat.stock ktm seat and any ride over 30 miles = painful hykneeeeeee. :poser:
Bucho has one on his bike too so which ever one of us you see first, try it out!
Ken
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

cool thanks it will most likely be at ride in april.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The one on my bike is made from a DR650 seat pan, but you are still welcome to give it a try.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200