I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Jetting for 2009 KTM 250XC

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
62Tom
DAMN n00b

Jetting for 2009 KTM 250XC

Post by 62Tom »

DAMN Mechanics,

I usually change my jets twice a year as a function of temperature. But I haven't changed the needle. So I'm thinking maybe I should do a little better. I believe I have an N8RH needle, 35 Pilot and 168 Main currently in the bike for summer riding (not sure what position the clip is in but I think it's in 3 or 4). I have an N8RG needle in reserve and usually put a 38 Pilot with 170 Main this time of year. I've got a few other Needles and Jets in my kit so does anybody have any tried-n-true input/feedback/advice? I would like to stick to my twice-a-year change and know that I may notice a degradation if I go higher in elevation. Look forward to your replies.

Best,
Tom
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Jetting for 2009 KTM 250XC

Post by Firebolter »

Unless you are going higher than 4-5K or so, you'll be fine. I used JD needles in my stock carb, but since I went to the Lectron carb, I jet no more regardless of temp/alt etc. Really nice to have a setup that is consistent regardless of conditions!
Lots of cool bikes---