I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Vintage Trials Footpegs

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Vintage Trials Footpegs

Post by Rut Row »

On the Montesa trials hack, I was missing the left footpeg. That is where the hack attaches. Since I'm converting it (temporarily) back to a solo bike, I needed a left footpeg. Boom Boom also said I needed to get a wider set.

Most people cut off the mounting lug and weld on a new mounting point that allows the use of modern pegs. I didn't want to do that because I'd then need to modify the sidecar. It seemed much easier to modify a set of stock pegs and I had a set of older KTM pegs in the parts box.

In the picture below, the original peg is on the left and my modified KTM peg is on the right. :brows:

Okay I'm a cheap bastard but hey! I'm laid off, what else did you want me to do? :lol2:

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Vintage Trials Footpegs

Post by Boom Boom »

You are going to be a much happier camper with those bigger pegs.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:You are going to be a much happier camper with those bigger pegs.
I trust you cuz I sure won't know the difference! :harhar:

can't wait for the last parts to show up. Since I have a lot of time off right now, I want to ride it!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Looks good!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Looks good!
we need to setup a trials course in your back yard. Caleb can ride his Oset and we can take turns on the Montesa.
Ken