I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Need to get my bike inspected ASAP

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Need to get my bike inspected ASAP

Post by juddspaintballs »

Bought a '05 KLR650 back in May that had been inspected in February and passed. Obviously, the inspection was out of date when I bought it, but not by much. I got temporary tags on the bike, took it on a trip and the bearing on the sprocket carrier went bad and the sprocket carrier wiggled loose and ate a chunk of the swingarm before I got pulled over. I got replacement parts with new bearings all around and a new axle and all the fun stuff and I just finished fixing it yesterday. My temporary tags expire at the end of the month. I work tomorrow for 24 hours. Do you think JT could get me inspected Tues/Weds so I can go get permanent registration later this week?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Need to get my bike inspected ASAP

Post by Rut Row »

probably - give him a call. He treats the DAMN guys pretty good.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Is there a link between tags and inspection? I know MD is different, but inspections are more of an optional thing IMHO :brows:

Got a sticker on your forks? Go ride.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Inspection is mandatory to get tags. Fortunately, that is the only time you have to get an inspection!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris