I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

UFO Plastics have their drawbacks....

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

UFO Plastics have their drawbacks....

Post by hondahawkrider »

Ok, while I have additional plastics (also faded), that I was going to use to practice painting, etc... I recently picked up some UFO plastics as well (they were a steal) so I figured I would mount em

before

after

Looks better, right....

However, I started trying to mount up the rear racks - fortunately from the LHS... However, I couldn't get everything to fit - grrrrr..

I figured out the issue... check this out

If you check closely - you can see the lhs curves outward more than the OEM

So while everything mounts up, perfectly - it looks like the side covers aren't an exact match.. I dont know if these are more universal with room to hide a battery (similiar to my xr650l) or a tool case....

Either way, it looks like I am now going to have to paint it, if I want to use my rear racks
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Hoffa509
DAMN n00b

Re: UFO Plastics have their drawbacks....

Post by Hoffa509 »

Use Mothers Back to Black http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06108.html. On your faded plastics to try to bring them back. Worked great on my KLR.
Husky TE 250
KLR 650
Honda Reflex (not the scooter)
Yamaha RD350 (project)
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: UFO Plastics have their drawbacks....

Post by hondahawkrider »

Hoffa509 wrote:Use Mothers Back to Black http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06108.html. On your faded plastics to try to bring them back. Worked great on my KLR.
I will try that out..

Thanks
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se