I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Penetrating Oils

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Penetrating Oils

Post by juddspaintballs »

A few weeks ago I used this stuff on some old rusty brake line fittings on my 1999 Suburban. I expected to have to cut those fittings out and flare some new lines to put it back together, but 5 minutes of this stuff on the fittings and they broke free with ease. I don't even have line wrenches either.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

that's what I needed to hear! I have a stuck exhaust flange bolt on my 750 motor and will try it there
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I tried this on my stuck bolts in the GS750 motor.

The primary sprocket cover bolt wouldn't budge even with vise grips attached. Spray some of this stuff on, waited 10-minutes and voila! Backed right out. :loveit:

The bolt stuck in the exhaust flange was another story. :boohoo:

It didn't help at all. :foul:

BUT! No stuck bolt defeats Wingfixer. :pyndn:

He stopped by last night with his case of secret tools. The bolt was too tight for easy-outs. :think:

So he drilled the DAMN thing out! I was amazed that just by eye-balling it he got the drill dead-center. :bow:

A quick pass with a tap and voila! I'm back in business! :rayof:

Thanks Wingfixer! You save my butt dude. :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Aw shucks, twernt nothin.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.