I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kawasaki KE 100 rebuild/restore

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Kawasaki KE 100 rebuild/restore

Post by Rut Row »

billy jack wrote:Made my wedding on time too.
I would have taken that as an omen and skipped the wedding :shrug:

:hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Kyler wrote:
billy jack wrote:Made my wedding on time too.
I would have taken that as an omen and skipped the wedding :shrug:

:hi5:

:poser: :poser:
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
billy jack
DAMN Wanabe

Post by billy jack »

OK, 1st problem. I'm going thru ignition coils. Not sure what would cause that. I haven't been able to get the right spark plug so I've been using an old chain saw plug(yea, I made sure the electrode wasn't too long) ran just as good as the 1 that was in there. That might nit have been the right plug either for all I know. And since kawi dosen't make the coil anymore i've been using any 6v coil with resistance within the range to book cals for that year. This last coil still gives resistance readings within spec, but the 6v lead to the coil is shorted(measured conductivity to the coil housing/bar) weird thing is, after I found it was shorted, I still got a spark from the plug on that coil. just a small one after about 5 cranks then nothing and that only hapened once, but it's impossible as far as I know. The chainsaw plug usually looks OK(a bit gray after high rpms). Not that reading the WRONG plug is great diagnostic practice, but it's al I've got. Anyway, any advice?
"that's NOT a chainsaw strapped to the back of your harley is it!"
"It was when I strapped it on there..."
billy jack
DAMN Wanabe

Post by billy jack »

Forgot to mention. The magneto, coil and kill switch are the ONLY electronics on the bike(that are connected) The only juice runs from the magneto to the coil and kill switch. There's 2 other 6v outputs from the magneto, but they've been disconected and tapped off.
"that's NOT a chainsaw strapped to the back of your harley is it!"
"It was when I strapped it on there..."